Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    urlwolf

I love the pace emeditor is growing and how good the new features are. However, uninstalling and reinstalling beta versions is a pain. Could we have a shortcut to uninstaller/automatic updates? Beta testing is cumbersome, but pleasant at the same time :)

Eugene
    Participant

I just unpack .msi installer and copy new files replacing old ones!.. :-D :-D

MariaK
    Participant

Use a Batch-Script for installing EmEditor automatically. Example:

@echo off
    cls

:: Path to MSI-File
    set msidir=C:Downloads

:: Path to EmEditor
    set appdir=C:EmEditor

for /f "tokens=4" \%\%i in ('"dir \%msidir\%emed*.msi | findstr /i "msi""') do set msifile=\%\%i

msiexec /a \%msidir\%\%msifile\% /qn targetdir=\%appdir\%

set msidir=
    set msifile=
    set appdir=
    urlwolf

thanks MariaK, but this script doesn’t take care of the unistalling.
    If one executes the .msi, the result is a popup saying that one has to uninstall first.

MariaK
    Participant

Why uninstall? Install a new alpha over the existing old one. That’s no problem. And I see no popup by using this script on my system.

ageback

Total Commander + InstallExplorer 0.9.1 plugin can unpack *.msi files like zip files. Shift+Enter to run *.msi files normally.
    Then you can drag the new unpacked emeditor files to your current emeditor install folder. All your configurations will be reserved.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

ageback wrote:
    Total Commander + InstallExplorer 0.9.1 plugin can unpack *.msi files like zip files. Shift+Enter to run *.msi files normally.
    Then you can drag the new unpacked emeditor files to your current emeditor install folder. All your configurations will be reserved.

While it might work, I don’t recommend this way, and this will void my support. Some people report they cannot remove a version because uninstaller needs to locate a particular version of EmEditor. If you need to install an alpha version over an older alpha version, please uninstall the older version from Control Panel, and then install the new version.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.