Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Deipotent
    Participant

Not an enhancement request in the normal sense, but I would like to see smaller, more regular updates including new features, rather than major version updates every 1 or 2 years with lots of new features (and some fixes), and mostly bug fixes every month or so.

This means we won’t have to wait so long to get newly implemented features, and smaller feature requests can be implemented and released in a shorter timescale.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi Deipotent,

I would also like to increase the frequency of major upgrades. However, it is difficult to keep translations of the international UI other than English updated. We need to ask translators every time we do major upgrades. This takes time. Also we spend a lot of time to support customers. Many customers don’t need more features, buy they only want stable versions. Therefore, realistically, we could only do the major upgrades once a year. However, I would really like to do major upgrades more frequently if possible. We might do more than once a year in next coming versions. Thanks so much for your inputs!

Thank you!

Deipotent
    Participant

It’s not so much doing regular major upgrades, but instead of having version 12 with 3-5 new features, why not release each feature as it’s finished as a 11.x update ?

Essentially the point release will include new features AND bug fixes, rather than just bug fixes.

Not sure on what your new upgrade policy will be, but instead of basing it on major version number (ie. free minor upgrades but paid major upgrades), how about offering 1 year free upgrades (major and minor), with the user having to pay for another years upgrades ?

I can understand the translation and support issues, but re. translation, could you not release an English version when ready, and then periodically release translated versions of the latest EmEditor ?

This way, people using English version get new updates ASAP, while the translated versions will still be released as frequently as they are at the moment ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.