Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    blackhawk
    Participant

I would like to see Snippets allow for blocks of code that can be inserted into any document.

It should allow for highlighted text to be dragged and dropped into the Snippets add-in and then a name can be assigned to it.

Now, if you really want to get fancy :-D , I could also use the capability to autofill text contained within the snippet using tags. When the snippet is inserted it scans the text for tags (i.e. {#xxxx#} or something) and then brings up a dialog with all of the tags that need to be filled in.

Once you specify the values for the tags, then it finishes the insert replacing all tags with the values you specified.

If all you can provide is a better mechanism for adding and updating multiple line snippets (drag and drop from selected text) that would be a start.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

blackhawk wrote:
    I would like to see Snippets allow for blocks of code that can be inserted into any document.

It should allow for highlighted text to be dragged and dropped into the Snippets add-in and then a name can be assigned to it.

Now, if you really want to get fancy :-D , I could also use the capability to autofill text contained within the snippet using tags. When the snippet is inserted it scans the text for tags (i.e. {#xxxx#} or something) and then brings up a dialog with all of the tags that need to be filled in.

Once you specify the values for the tags, then it finishes the insert replacing all tags with the values you specified.

If all you can provide is a better mechanism for adding and updating multiple line snippets (drag and drop from selected text) that would be a start.

I agree, but I didn’t make the perfect plug-in. The source code is availalbe at http://www.emeditor.com/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=6&lid=125 I left some space for developers to develop the plug-in further.

blackhawk
    Participant

Any takers on making the necessary updates???? :-D

ttwi

Snippet plugin functioning like TextMate or Visual Studio is the most wanted enhancement for next major version of EmEditor.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

ttwi wrote:
    Snippet plugin functioning like TextMate or Visual Studio is the most wanted enhancement for next major version of EmEditor.

Capability to drag and drop multilple-line text is almost ready. If someone needs more advanced features found in other tools, please write more details of those specific features — and only features you really need, so that I will be able to satisfy most users.

jonhutch24

The features I really need mirror the functionality found in the snippet component found in Visual Studio 2005.

What I would like to see would be to have a template like this:

Public ReadOnly Property $PropName As $PropType
    Get
    Return $ProbField
    End Get
    End Property

Where when you insert the snippet, you can tab through the $tags and insert the text you want.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.