Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dreftymac
    Participant

Yutaka,

Thanks for your work on Emeditor 9. It looks like you have done a lot!

Question: Is there a way to get the snippets plugin to work *without* having the snippets plugin side-pane open? Currently it seems like I cannot get snippets to trigger on a file unless I have the side panel open.

Bug: There appears to be a bug in the handling of indentation for snippets. For example, if I use the following snippet:

– firstname:${1:_blank_}
    lastname: $2
    body: |
    $3

… and then trigger the snippet for insertion into the document, the typed-in value for “firstname” gets entered in correctly, but then the indentation of the following lines of the snippet gets changed. The lines are no longer indented with the same number of spaces anymore.

—————————————————–
    NOTE: the exact text of the code is available below encoded in base64. This is offered so you can view the exact code unmodified by this forum software:

ICAtIGZpcnN0bmFtZTokezE6X2JsYW5rX30KICAgIGxhc3RuYW1lOiAkMgogICAgYm9keTogfCAKICAgICAgICAkMw==

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

dreftymac wrote:
    Yutaka,

Thanks for your work on Emeditor 9. It looks like you have done a lot!

Question: Is there a way to get the snippets plugin to work *without* having the snippets plugin side-pane open? Currently it seems like I cannot get snippets to trigger on a file unless I have the side panel open.

Bug: There appears to be a bug in the handling of indentation for snippets. For example, if I use the following snippet:

– firstname:${1:_blank_}
    lastname: $2
    body: |
    $3

… and then trigger the snippet for insertion into the document, the typed-in value for “firstname” gets entered in correctly, but then the indentation of the following lines of the snippet gets changed. The lines are no longer indented with the same number of spaces anymore.

—————————————————–
    NOTE: the exact text of the code is available below encoded in base64. This is offered so you can view the exact code unmodified by this forum software:

ICAtIGZpcnN0bmFtZTokezE6X2JsYW5rX30KICAgIGxhc3RuYW1lOiAkMgogICAgYm9keTogfCAKICAgICAgICAkMw==

Some indentation bugs were fixed in v9.0x. Did you try the latest version 9.04?

dreftymac
    Participant

The bugs do seem to be fixed in the latest version. Thanks.

Is there a way to get snippets triggers to work without the snippets sidebar open?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

dreftymac wrote:
    The bugs do seem to be fixed in the latest version. Thanks.

Is there a way to get snippets triggers to work without the snippets sidebar open?

Yes. You can check “Run Background” in the Snippets Properties.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.