Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Deipotent
    Participant

1) If I have some text with underscores (eg. “teh_cat_sta”), the spell checker does not treat it as one word, and using my example, will underline “teh” and “sta”. However, double-clicking on it will treat it as one word and select the entire text. Shouldn’t the spell checker treat underscores as part of the word, or at least it should be consistent throughout EE (ie. whatever a double click selects is considered a word).

2) I prefer to disable the “All Config->Link->Link to URLs” option, and have “All Config->Spelling->Check spelling in Hyperlinks” disabled, but URL’s are still checked. I realize this option probably only applies if Link to URLs is enabled, but is there anyway to either not check spelling for all URL’s, even when Link to URL’s is disabled, or add another option to achieve this ?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi Deipotent,

1) The spelling checker was analyzed by the spelling engine (Hunspell), so it is separate from EmEditor. Currently, there is no easy way to make an underscore (‘_’) a part of a word unless modifying the Hunspell source code or the spelling data.

2) You are right about it. It is hard to describe the reason, but it is currently the specification.

Thank you!

Deipotent
    Participant

Yutaka wrote:
    1) The spelling checker was analyzed by the spelling engine (Hunspell), so it is separate from EmEditor. Currently, there is no easy way to make an underscore (‘_’) a part of a word unless modifying the Hunspell source code or the spelling data.

Can’t EmEditor scan the text for words and just pass them to Hunspell for checking, and then underline based on the return value from Hunspell?

This way EmEditor has full control over what’s considered a word or not.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi Deipotent,

I will take a look at the code for this issue for next major versions. Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.