Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    chabulier

Hey,
    1) The file localtion link can be save. when we do a search in a folder, there will be a link for each results, however when you save this results and reopen it, the link function will gone. I suggest to keep this can be saved.
    For example: C:temp.txt:7328 or this was surrounded by some other symbols:
    a) (C:temp.txt:7328);
    b) FileLoc://C:temp.txt:7328;

This will be a great useful feature and the file localtion link can be an stardard just like http://.

2) Is that possible to add some core feature for export(copy) file style as a RTF or a HTML? I see we can found a plugin to export as a HTML, however if it’s a core function, more people will like it and use it.

Please advise :lol:

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

chabulier wrote:
    Hey,
    1) The file localtion link can be save. when we do a search in a folder, there will be a link for each results, however when you save this results and reopen it, the link function will gone. I suggest to keep this can be saved.
    For example: C:temp.txt:7328 or this was surrounded by some other symbols:
    a) (C:temp.txt:7328);
    b) FileLoc://C:temp.txt:7328;

This will be a great useful feature and the file localtion link can be an stardard just like http://.

2) Is that possible to add some core feature for export(copy) file style as a RTF or a HTML? I see we can found a plugin to export as a HTML, however if it’s a core function, more people will like it and use it.

Please advise :lol:

1) Use file://.

2) I don’t want to make the HTLM export feature as a core feature because I don’t want to make the EmEditor core bloated. Use the plug-in.

chabulier

Thanks for your so quickly reply.
    For the first one, you will add this feature(save the search results link and discorery the link with row number) as windows link “file://” ?

For the second one, is there any plugin support RTF export and copy?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

chabulier wrote:
    Thanks for your so quickly reply.
    For the first one, you will add this feature(save the search results link and discorery the link with row number) as windows link “file://” ?

For the second one, is there any plugin support RTF export and copy?

(1) Use this macro:

document.HighlightTag = true;

(2) I don’t know any plug-in that can convert EmEditor text to RTF directly. You can use the plug-in to convert to HTML, and then copy to the Clipboard within a web browser, and paste to WordPad.

chabulier

When I open a saved search results and run this macro, nothing was changed. The Link still not works.

My original suggestion was that we can save the searching results(Find in Files) as original format. That means next time we open this file, we still can click on the link and point to that file’s position.

Such like when we click on this link C:temp.txt:4621 Emeditor will open that file and located to line:4621.

This should be a pretty useful function, pls advise. :-)

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

chabulier wrote:

When I open a saved search results and run this macro, nothing was changed. The Link still not works.

My original suggestion was that we can save the searching results(Find in Files) as original format. That means next time we open this file, we still can click on the link and point to that file’s position.

Such like when we click on this link C:temp.txt:4621 Emeditor will open that file and located to line:4621.

This should be a pretty useful function, pls advise. :-)

I didn’t have any problems with this macro. When you run this macro, make sure the search result text is the active document.

chabulier

Oh, it works now.
    So we need manually run this macro for using this function? Is there any other config settings that Emeditor can automatically detected this just like a normal link?

Thanks a lot, Yutaka.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

chabulier wrote:
    Oh, it works now.
    So we need manually run this macro for using this function? Is there any other config settings that Emeditor can automatically detected this just like a normal link?

Thanks a lot, Yutaka.

Since highlighting tags can slower the overall speed of EmEditor and since most people do not need to highlight tags, it will not be turned on automatically. However, you can make it on always by selecting Customize on the Macros menu, select the above macro in the My Macros list, check Runs at Events, click Events button, and then click “File Opened” in the Select Events list.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.