Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    owilsky
    Participant

Hi,

I want to highlight an expression between and . Works fine of BEGIN and END tag is on the same line, but not if they are on diffferent lines. I tried the regex modifier (?s) which should include CR/LF into the dot operator, but had no success.

My regex:
    (?s).+?

Any ideas how I can highlight it if BEGIN and END are not on the same line?

Thanks,
    Oliver

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

owilsky wrote:
    Hi,

I want to highlight an expression between and . Works fine of BEGIN and END tag is on the same line, but not if they are on diffferent lines. I tried the regex modifier (?s) which should include CR/LF into the dot operator, but had no success.

My regex:
    (?s).+?

Any ideas how I can highlight it if BEGIN and END are not on the same line?

Thanks,
    Oliver

This is the specification — regular expressions can highlight only in a single line.

owilsky
    Participant

So, if I understand you right, this is a limitation of EmEditor, not of RegEx, because PCRE support the (?s) modifier.

Could this be changed in upcoming versions of EmEditor or will this slow down highlighting?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

owilsky wrote:
    So, if I understand you right, this is a limitation of EmEditor, not of RegEx, because PCRE support the (?s) modifier.

Could this be changed in upcoming versions of EmEditor or will this slow down highlighting?

This will slow down highlighting, and will require more memory per line. That is why I just cannot implement it near future.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.