Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Garret Wilson
    Participant

Finally, I can abandon that annoying “feature” of Textpad that would only traverse to the last-used tab—sometimes traversing to the same tab! I like using Ctrl+Tab and Shift+Ctrl+Tab in EmEditor to traverse tabs the way I would expect. But I wish I could use Ctrl+PageUp and Ctrl+PageDown to traverse tabs as well, as this is starting to become an accepted keystroke on IDEs such as Eclipse.

Thanks!

Garret

Garret Wilson
    Participant

This morning when I was installing EmEditor 7 final release, I had the bright idea of changing the key mappings so that Ctrl+PageDown would go to the next tab and that Ctrl+PageUp would go to the previous tab using Help|Keyboard map…. This worked! Finally I have an editor that does almost everything I want it to do, the way I want it to do!

I’d like to make a humorous note about changing the key mappings, however. To assign Ctrl+PageDown to the “next window” function, I can’t press them simultaneously—I must first press Ctrl and then PageDown. Why? Because if I press Ctrl+PageDown simultaneously, it actually changes the tabs in the keyboard mapping dialog! (In other words, Ctrl+PageUp and Ctrl+PageDown are obviously standard keys for this functionality, as it’s already mapped into the configuration UI via the underlying SDK!)

Cheers,

Garret

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.