Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Christine

Recently, we conducted an experiment to determine and compare the speeds of some of the most popular text editors. Guess what? We found out that EmEditor Professional 8.02 is the fastest overall! In fact, EmEditor Professional 8.02 completed all tests in 30 seconds or less, every single time! For more details, please see our test results:

Text Editor Speed Comparison

Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about our experiment. Thanks! :-)

zhouzh2
    Participant

Hi,
    I love EmEditor, and I do think it’s the best text editor so far. And I’m happy to see EmEditor wins this speed test.
    However, in my own experience, Notepad launchs much faster than EmEditor, especially when you have heavy tasks running in background. For example, try launch both EmEditor and Notepad when the system is copying large files.

Also, I agree Emeditor’s large file support is awesome, but it can’t really beat Ultraedit in this aspect. U is disk base,which means it opens any file in seconds. It uses a lot of time to open large file because it tries to make a copy of the original file to protect that file. And this protection can be turned off.

Anyway, I enjoy using Emeditor, because of it combines function and speed so well,extremely customizable, under a clean interface.
    Your customer service is also the best in the world BTW:-D

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.