- December 20, 2016 at 7:14 pm #21426
I downloaded the latest EmEditor release the other day, and since then I have noticed consistent problems with text selection and cursor movement/visibility inside cells in “edit mode” (i.e. after pressing enter while standing on a cell in cell selection mode).
It stopped working completely for most cells, but I found that it still works erratically for some rare cells.
I can still enter new text in such “edited” cells, but it’s always just inserted at the very beginning of the cell contents, and the cursor cannot be seen or moved to any other position in the cell, neither using the arrow keys nor the mouse pointer.
It would be great if this could be looked into soon, since it damages my workflow quite a lot. :-(
Thanks!January 3, 2017 at 1:28 pm #21438
I can’t reproduce the issue. Are you using any plug-ins or macros that might interfere with the cell editing mode?
Thanks,January 3, 2017 at 1:45 pm #21439
It might affect filtered content only.
Here is some simple PoC CSV data (two rows):
- Open those two rows in cell selection mode (CSV) inside EmEditor.
- Try to edit any cell – it will work as intended/expected.
- Now filter out the string “col_333” in column 3 (which in turn will make the second row disappear from view).
- Then try to edit any of the cells on the remaining row.
- You will now see the described behavior.
(and no, I don’t have any plugins, and neither any active macros when this happens)January 4, 2017 at 10:42 am #21440
I reproduced the issue, and it will be fixed on the next version.
Thanks!January 4, 2017 at 12:11 pm #21443
Super, thanks a lot!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.