Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    XXCloneMan

Today, I was trying to download the latest version of EmEditor. So, I came to the download section of this site and cliked the first link on the page. It automatically invokes a download from Brothersoft’s site.

I’m just wondering whether Yutaka has lately viewed what we encounter when we try to download the latest EmEditor…

You will find at least three quite obtrusive download links/buttons. It takes a very careful “analysis” of the page to avoid initiating a wrong download. On my visit, I found one green button for Google Chrome, one blue button (that is even larger) for Opera. Both are not even an editor. The one in the middle without a clear marking simply says “Download Now (12.08MB)”. It is so unclear as to which link is for EmEditor.

I hope Yutaka will dump Brothersoft’s service for download. We should all boycott sites like that. They are trying to make money by deliberately placing misleading and useless links and hoping the visitors to make mistake that benefits the site.

I’m sick of such sites. I think there are many download sites with a cleaner web design. By the way, my favorite download site is http://www.snapfiles.com .

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi XXCloneMan,

Thanks for your inputs. We will consider the change in links of the download page. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.