Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sky
    Participant

Thnanks for update to improved the speed of Find.
    But after several tests, I found the speed of Find with a little complex Regular Expressions is became slower.

Test file, 85MB, 720000 lines, Win7 64bit.
    Emed64 v18.1.2:
    “Number of Threads=Auto” Result: 5 matches are found in 5 lines. (2 threads, 22.6830 seconds)
    “Number of Threads=1” Result: 5 matches are found in 5 lines. (1 threads, 31.1530 seconds)
    “Number of Threads=2” Result: 5 matches are found in 5 lines. (2 threads, 22.8700 seconds)
    “Number of Threads=4” Result: 5 matches are found in 5 lines. (4 threads, 22.1050 seconds)

Emed64 v18.2.0:
    “Number of Threads=Auto” Result: 5 matches are found in 5 lines. (31.153 seconds)
    “Number of Threads=2” Result: 5 matches are found in 5 lines. (31.387 seconds)
    “Number of Threads=4” Result: 5 matches are found in 5 lines. (31.247 seconds)

It may caused by “Removed multi-threaded search/replace, as single-threaded search/replace is now faster.”
    But even if change the “Number of Threads” to 2 or 4 in Advanced page, it still can not perform multi-threaded search.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor v18.2 always uses single-threaded searches even if “Auto” or 2 or larger value is specified for the “Number of Threads” in the Advanced page. EmEditor v18.2 optimized the speed for very large files when using temporary files. With this size of 85MB file without using temporary files, EmEditor should search faster than 31 seconds. Can you let me know (or email me) the regular expression term you use, and a sample file if relevant (after zipped)? Please also let me know all the options in the Find dialog box and Advanced dialog box after clicking the Advanced button (or you can send me both screenshots). We will try to reproduce the issue here.

Thanks,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.