Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    colon

Hi! I have tons of suggestions ;)

-I use a 9-button mouse with a middle button that tilts both left and right. It would be very nice if one could use this tilting to switch between tabs.

-Some new fonts could be embedded. I recommend ProFontWindows, 9 pt, on sceen and Inconsolata for printing.

-Binary editing is very neat, but I lack an ascii representation next to the hexadecimals. Also, it is difficult to change appearance of the text in this mode.

-Enable a special colour for “outside current region” and “this line”, by default.

-More comprehensive auto-complete, similar to notepad++. Also code folding could be made to look better.

-A monochromatic print mode would be nice, since some colours are not completely black when printed on a monochromatic printer. Coloured keywords could be made bold instead.

-Some other printing features: mirrored margins, columns, water mark, size-text-to-fit-page, leave-out-doxygen/javadoc-comments. Ideally, a printing mode for 80-column code in 2 columns on an A4 with mirrored margins and line numbers.

-Split screen, although I understand this may have been left out on purpose.

-Header/implementation fast switch. Include file link.

-VS9 integration.

-Line numbers with leading zeroes: 000, 002, 003, …

-“Windows” next to tabs is unnecessary. Also, buttons are better than tabs.

-Collective editing over the internet.

I know all this is asking for the impossible. Anyway, thanks for a great editor!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

-A monochromatic print mode would be nice, since some colours are not completely black when printed on a monochromatic printer. Coloured keywords could be made bold instead.

Check “Ignore Color and Underlines” on the Print tab of configuration properties.

-“Windows” next to tabs is unnecessary. Also, buttons are better than tabs.

I am not sure what “Windows” next tabs means… Buttons can be selected from the Tab tab of the Customize dialog box, or select “Customize Tab” after right-click on the tab, and then click the “Style” drop-down list.

Thanks for your comments!

colon

OK, sorry. I didn’t notice that print option.

By “‘Windows’ next to tabs” I mean the text that says “Windows”, below the file menu. I think it’s rather obvious.

Regards.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

colon wrote:
    OK, sorry. I didn’t notice that print option.

By “‘Windows’ next to tabs” I mean the text that says “Windows”, below the file menu. I think it’s rather obvious.

Regards.

You can hide those toolbar titles. Right-click on any toolbar, and select “Toolbar Titles”.

colon

Stupid me. Thanks!

hosamaly
    Participant

Dear Mr. Yutaka,

I too find the binary editing interesting, as I need it in my work. I am hoping for a “mixed” mode, where we see the hexadecimal view on the left side, and the ASCII corresponding to it on the right side. I think this would add much value to the binary mode, as I can’t use it in its current state (except if I open the same file in another instance of the editor, to see both views next to each other).

Thank you for your help, and thanks for an excellent editor.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.