Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JohnQSmith
    Participant

Is it possible to change the icons for the toolbar buttons? For instance, in the find toolbar, I think the button for the “find previous” command should be displaying the icon on the “find next” command. In other words, “find previous” should be the magnifying glass with a counter-clockwise arrow on top. Also, “find next” should be a clockwise arrow on top. I’m a registered user of EmEditor, but tend to use other editors because I find the EmEditor interface somewhat confusing. Also, I’d like to move the find toolbar to under the edit window (but above the status line).

JohnQSmith
    Participant

Any word on this? Almost 6 months and no reply. Was hoping to see something in the v12 release.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello JohnQSmith,

I am sorry for late response.

You can’t change images for toolbar buttons. However, you could write a macro with your favorite icon. For example, the following code will work as “Find Prevoius” command with the Calculator icon.

#icon = "C:WINDOWSsystem32calc.exe",0
    document.selection.FindRepeat(eeFindRepeatPrevious);

The find toolbar can’t be placed under the editor.

Thank you!

JohnQSmith
    Participant

Yutaka,

The macro buttons will work great. I pulled up the Macro Reference and also found the #title directive so I can show the icon without the name of the macro.

A suggestion for a future version might be to allow “skinning” EmEditor.

JohnQSmith

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

I am glad it worked! I am not sure what you mean by the skinning EmEditor, but you can press F11 to make EmEditor the full-screen mode.

Thanks!

JohnQSmith
    Participant

Skinning is when you change the look of an application by applying different icons for buttons or the color of bars or gradients to the menus. That kind of thing. Like in Windows XP, you can change the color scheme and the style of the windows and buttons to make it look like XP with the rounded edges or like Win2k with the more blocky look. Basically so the user can tweak it to look different.

If you decide to implement something like this, it should be put way down at the bottom of the list of things to do since it’s just eye candy. Any usability and functionality enhancements should be given top priority.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi JohnQSmith,

I see. There is Theme feature in the Display tab of configuration properties, where you can change the colors of the text editor. The theme feature doesn’t apply to menus or icons, but only the text editor.

Thanks for your inputs!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.