Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sky
    Participant

Problem 1:
    Step a. [Extract] some lines to a new tab, Vertical Indicator will be “Changed Lines color(yellow)” =>OK
    Step b. [Save as…], Vertical Indicator is still “Changed Lines color(yellow)”, unable change to “Saved Lines color(green)” =>NG
    Step c. Type something, and then [Save] or [Save as…] again, Vertical Indicator will be “Saved Lines color(green)”=>OK

Problem 2:
    After [Batch Replace All] with a little big .tsv file (for example around 20~30MB Bible verse)
    EmEditor portable will be struggle and slow, due to eeCommon.ini is become too big.
    Once I delete eeCommon.ini, EmEditor will be fine, because it will create a new small eeCommon.ini.
    But I will also lost some setting in EmEditor portable.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello sky,

Are you using the newest version? I know there was an issue similar to Problem 2 in older versions. Please use the newest version.

If you still have the issue with the newest version, can you please send me eeCommon.ini file when it is very big (after compress to a .zip file) to tech @ emurasoft.com?

I will look into both issues.

Thank you.

sky
    Participant

I am using the newest version “EmEditor v16.3.0 beta 6”, and also the “Vertical Indicator” color problem is still there.
    I have sent you email with relative attachments.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello sky,

Thank you for sending me information, and I reproduced the issue. I am fixing the Problem 1. As for Problem 2, this problem occurs since you are using the portable version (using INI files). Please consider using the installer version.

Thanks,

sky
    Participant

In EmEditor v17.0.0 beta1, EmEditor portable is still struggle and slow when Launch with very big eeCommon.ini (around 82MB)

My old solution is delete the big eeCommon.ini.
    Now, my new workaround solution is use another new EmEditor portable to edit eeCommon.ini, and remove all “^BRP.*\n”.
    It works, and also I can keep the other setting in EmEditor portable.

As EmEditor v17.0.0 beta 1 release note mentioned that there are some “Newly added data files”.
    Suggest move the “Batch Replace list data” from eeCommon.ini to BatchReplace.bin (for example)
    So, the eeCommon.ini will not become very big, and then suppose it will not impact to EmEditor normal operation as well.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello sky,

I fixed the issue, and beta 2 will save “BRP” as a separate .bin file in the AppData folder. Thanks,

sky
    Participant

Good, EmEditor v17.0.0 beta 2 is works fine.
    Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.