Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    chabulier

Hey,
    When I downloaded the 7.07 and test the replace speed, I noticed that when I do a mass replacement and then undo the change. Not all the values in emeditor displayed was undoed.
    When I close emeditor and reopen this file, seems everything is OK, not sure if it’s only an display issue or something else.

Test an small file, it’s OK.

In the meantime, the undo change will display an process window and the speed was slower than before version.

search: DEBUG
    replace: [DEBUG]

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

chabulier wrote:
    Hey,
    When I downloaded the 7.07 and test the replace speed, I noticed that when I do a mass replacement and then undo the change. Not all the values in emeditor displayed was undoed.
    When I close emeditor and reopen this file, seems everything is OK, not sure if it’s only an display issue or something else.

Test an small file, it’s OK.

In the meantime, the undo change will display an process window and the speed was slower than before version.

search: DEBUG
    replace: [DEBUG]

If you have more than one million tokens to replace, you will need to increase the value in the Undo Max Number text box in the General tab of configuration properties. I might increase this default value, and also add the warning message box when undo may not be available.

chabulier

If you have more than one million tokens to replace, you will need to increase the value in the Undo Max Number text box in the General tab of configuration properties. I might increase this default value, and also add the warning message box when undo may not be available.

I don’t think it’s the problem. In fact my file only have 931380 lines, and only 894261 entries were replaced. The max undo number should be 1,000,000(However this value seems can not be set more larger).

Thanks for your reply. Please let me know if you need more information for recreate this issue.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

chabulier wrote:

I don’t think it’s the problem. In fact my file only have 931380 lines, and only 894261 entries were replaced. The max undo number should be 1,000,000(However this value seems can not be set more larger).

Thanks for your reply. Please let me know if you need more information for recreate this issue.

You can set more than 1,000,000. Can you try with 10,000,000? Thanks!

chabulier

OK, it works now, not sure why just now the value can not be changed to larger than 1,000,000.

The replace speed is better than before version. Have you noticed the Undo slower than the before version?

In my case, it takes almost 15 secs to finish the Undo action. In before version I think it only need one sec. However the Undo action is not a common function for large file than search.

Thanks a lot for your support. Wish it can be more faster and powerful. :-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.