Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Garret Wilson
    Participant

I’m actively looking for a new editor—a simple editor that handles Unicode. (Unipad does, but is *too* simple.) EmEditor looked promising, but 7.00 beta 32 doesn’t even handle the character U+2045, when notepad.exe handles just fine.

Disappointing.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

garret wrote:
    I’m actively looking for a new editor—a simple editor that handles Unicode. (Unipad does, but is *too* simple.) EmEditor looked promising, but 7.00 beta 32 doesn’t even handle the character U+2045, when notepad.exe handles just fine.

Disappointing.

I didn’t have a problem displaying U+2045. The font you use to display must cover that character code. Which font do you use? I used “MS UI Gothic” font in Windows Vista.

Garret Wilson
    Participant

I’ve tried both Courier New 10 and Lucida Console 10, the latter of which is used in Notepad. I can copy and paste from EmEditor to Notepad, and it shows up fine there.

It does show up in MS UI Gothic—but I need a monospaced font!

Strangely enough, it shows up fine in the EmEditor “Recently Used Characters” section in the “Insert Special Character” dialog.

Do you plan on giving us a better “Insert Special Character” dialog, by the way? I’d like something similar to Unipad.

Thanks,

Garret

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Most monospace fonts do not support special unicode characters like this. However, in recent Windows, you can select monospace font and still you should see those special characters. Does Notepad use the same font?

I might make Insert Special Character dialog better in future. Thanks!

Garret Wilson
    Participant

Notepad uses Lucida Console and doesn’t have a problem showing U+2045.

Eclipse uses Courier New and doesn’t have a problem showing U+2045.

Why does EmEditor have a problem with this character?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

garret wrote:

I confirmed and reproduced this issue with those fonts, and I will look into this issue. Thanks!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Yutaka wrote:

garret wrote:

This issue has been resolved already in recent beta versions. Please try and let me know if you still have any problems. Thanks!

I confirmed and reproduced this issue with those fonts, and I will look into this issue. Thanks!

Garret Wilson
    Participant

Hey, it works now in EmEditor 7.00! Thanks!

EmEditor has now replaced TextPad on my machine. Last night I send a message to all the developers at my client’s office telling them to check out the new EmEditor release.

Good work!

Garret

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.