Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    spiros
    Participant

When I work on big files and run a regex, then close the Find window and try to make a change on the document, there are huge delays with the dialog “Updating markers on scroll bar” and the (closed) regex window slowing down the whole document, to the point where I had to make the changes with Notepad++.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

You might want to disable the markers on vertical scroll bar. To do this, you can go to configuration properties, Scroll page, and clear the “Show Markers on Vertical Scroll Bar”.

Thanks,

sky
    Participant

Suggest to add an option “Maximum File Size to Show Markers __ MB“.
    For example: 50 MB, if file size larger than 50 MB, it will disable the Markers on Vertical Scroll Bar.
    Thanks for your consideration.

spiros
    Participant

Good suggestion, sky. Things like that should work out of the box for a fast editor -:)

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

The markers on the scroll bar are actually disabled for files larger than the size specified in the Minimum File Size to use Temporary File text box in the Advanced page of the Customize dialog box. So, I believe the actual request would be to add more flexible options to specify criteria to disable various highlight features.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.