Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ArthurZ
    Participant

Hello,

this is just a rant:

1) The link after upgrading to ver 12 sent by Share*It and on their site is to ver. 11 binaries, no installer in it even.

2) The installer asks redundant questions as Typical Install, Custom, Full, whereas Full is all features consuming the most space, but the file is only 13MB why asking this?

3) While upgrading the installer puts a modal form (question dialog about whether a user wants to navigate to a website) exactly behind the installer window. For me it took a second to figure out why the upgrade is not going but I doubt everyone is so advanced to move the installer window aside.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello ArthurZ,

Thank you for purchasing upgrades so quickly. I just updated the share-it delivery product, and it might take some time to reflect to the actual product. Meanwhile, you can still download the latest version from our website.

The question (Typical Install, Custom, Full) is a kind of standard Windows Installer design, and it is supposedly good to keep this design. However, I understand the “Typical Install” and “Full” are actually mean the same. I might consider changing the design in the future.

The question dialog about whether a user wants to navigate to a website to get information about upgrading is a new dialog, but it should go above the installer dialog. If not, it is apparently a bug. I will try to reproduce this issue, and will fix it in minor version updates.

Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.