Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wreck
    Participant

I am trying to create a macro using FIndInFiles, but can’t see how to specify the search string without editing the macro.

Searching a set of folders with Shift JIS files on English XP means setting the encoding each time, which I would like to avoid.

Record Macro doesn’t seem to work, as when a new window opens there is no SaveAs option, it seems.

The Help says MsgBox is not allowed, and there is nothing about InputBox or an equivalent.

FindInFiles doesn’t seem to work with ‘document.selection.’

Is it possible to select text in an EMEditor window, assign that to a variable, then use that variable as the search string in FindInFiles method, all in one macro?

Or is there some other solution?

Thanks!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

wreck wrote:
    I am trying to create a macro using FIndInFiles, but can’t see how to specify the search string without editing the macro.

Searching a set of folders with Shift JIS files on English XP means setting the encoding each time, which I would like to avoid.

Record Macro doesn’t seem to work, as when a new window opens there is no SaveAs option, it seems.

The Help says MsgBox is not allowed, and there is nothing about InputBox or an equivalent.

FindInFiles doesn’t seem to work with ‘document.selection.’

Is it possible to select text in an EMEditor window, assign that to a variable, then use that variable as the search string in FindInFiles method, all in one macro?

Or is there some other solution?

Thanks!

MsgBox is not available, but there are equivalent methods like alert() and comfirm(). prompt() is similiar to InputBox(). FindInFiles can use parameters and document.selection.Text can be used as a parameter.

Stefan
    Participant

VBScript “InputBox()” is missing

but there is no EmEditor help entry
    pointing to the alternative “Prompt()” command

like there is one for the missing “MsgBox()” function to alert().

May i ask to add such an cross reference to make it
    more easy to find the InputBox alternative Prompt() ?

2.)
    also i want to suggest an third prompt() parameter.

As addition to
    strMessage
    strDefault

i want to ask for
    strTitle

like the VBS inputbox() have:

strAnswer = prompt( strMessage, strTitle, strDefault )

Thank you.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi,

It might be convenience to include all these functions in EmEditor. However, you should be able to find an external object that includes those functions, and use the object using CreateObject function. Please see details at:

http://www.emeditor.com/help/macro/tutorial/tutorial_createobject.htm

Thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.