Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dudley9867

OK, I’ve been using Em Pro for about a year now, but just never have had the time to really work with and figure out the rich feature set. Now is the time. I use Emeditor as my default View/Source from IE6. The only problem I have is that I’m constantly editing the displayed source and not the html file on the web server, and then wondering why the heck my changes aren’t take effect. OK, I know I can put a file into read-only mode easy enough, but I’ll never remember to do that! I’d like to have Em open the View/Source document in read-only mode.

So, I tried to put a /r on to the ViewSource command line in the registry, but no joy there. Anybody know of a way to do it this way?

Barring that, I bet I can do it when the file is opened with a macro — but at this point (yes, after almost a year) I don’t know Em well enough to know if there is macro that can be run automatically every time a file load opened. (If you know KEDIT or XEDIT it would like the PROFILE.KEX file)

I’m reading thorugh the help now, but man it’s a feature rich product.

sonic347

I m not sure if this is what u want but u can work with read only files. just double click on the READ column of statusbar at bottom right

dudley9867

Sure can, but I would need to remember to do that. Since I never do, I need something that will alway open Em in readonly mode (when looking at browser source)

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

That’s a good idea! The next version (7) will automatically open files from View/Source in IE in Read Only mode if the HTML file is in the Internet Temporary folder.

dudley9867

It’s always good when I can save myself from my own stupidity. I have in the past spent way too much time, and lost way too much hair, trying to figure out why my source code change wasn’t showing up only to realize I was editing the browser source display.

In the mean time, I wrote a small Windows Script file that did exactly what I need to do (i.e. open’s Em in read-only mode).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.