Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    nisbor
    Participant

I synchronize the program settings on different computers using Onedrive, but due to the fact that on different computers my account is called differently, the path to the same file in Onedrive from different computers turns out to be different. This could be corrected by adding the possibility of using the in the pathnames a windows variables like %USERPROFILE% instead of absolute paths of files (like it is done in External tools – we can use in the Command or Icon Path fields variable %USERPROFILE%).

This would be relevant for the path of storage file of Workflows, or for the path of macros files (in Options).

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor does NOT synchronize the Sync path. However, I will think about an ability to use environment variables in the future.

nisbor
    Participant

Everything I wrote is considering that EmEditor native sync is OFF.

I tried it and faced with problem of cleaning settings of hotkeys, and turned the native sync off.
    I haven’t described the error yet, as I didn’t have time for an exact study of the behavior

nisbor
    Participant

Now I checked the native sync function more thoroughly and succeed to repeat the bug that I mentioned: during syncing all user defined hotkeys are being erased from the program. After that this “no hot keys” version is being copied to the sync folder (by the once in 10 min syncing option) and for 20 minutes all Emeditors on my computers become “no-hot-keyable”.
    For now I returned it to off mode.

nisbor
    Participant

And now when I have to take advantage of the restoration of settings from the reg file, I’ve come across the fact that because the addresses of macros are written absolutely, and on my laptop, as I wrote in the text of the post, the user name is different from the user name on the work computer , then all macro hotkeys will have to be rewritten manually ((

nisbor
    Participant

By the way, it is possible that the reason for erasing is that the addresses of Macros on both computers are different (due to the different user name – all they are placed into Onedrive folder) – so it is all the more necessary to implement the USERPROFILE

But the fact that the hot keys for launching “External Instruments” were erased cannot be explained by this.

nisbor
    Participant

Did you see my upper comments? This is the summary:
    It is impossible to sync macros library, located in Onedrive, and their hotkeys relatively via native emeditor sync because of macro’s location not supporting relative adresses with %USERPROFILE%

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

If you are referring to the My Macros list in the My Macros page of the Customize Macros dialog box, you might want to try this:

1. Select Customize under the Macros menu.
    2. Select My Macros page.
    3. In the My Macros list box, right-click and select “Select All” (or press Ctrl+A), and then right-click again and select “Copy” (or Ctrl+C).
    4. Dismiss the dialog box, and paste (Ctrl+V) to a new document. You will see the list of your macros.
    5. You can edit the path so that each path includes “%USERPROFILE%”. Then select all (Ctrl+A) and copy (Ctrl+C).
    6. Go back to the Customize Macros dialog box, and delete all the contents of the My Macros list box first (Ctrl+A, Delete), and paste (Ctrl+V).

I hope this helps.

nisbor
    Participant

Now I repeated the bug. Native Emeditor sync function erases all hot-keys that are related with My macros on the target computer. And it does not depend on all options mentioned above.
    Do you want me to make a new topic?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Do the macros exist in both computers that you want to sync at exactly the same path (in full) you specified? If you believe this is a bug, please write detailed step-by-step procedure to reproduce the issue.
    Thank you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.