Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    TheXman
    Participant

Version 7 Beta 2

I have installed EmEditor7b2 on a USB flash drive using the export function. In looking at the ini files after initial configuration, it looks as though all references to folders contain the drive letter. After testing the portability of the app by renaming the folder, all plugins were missing on the toolbar. I also tested the portability by making sure that the USB flash drive used a different drive letter. Of course I got the same result. I assume this is because the reference to them in the ini files are static and still pointing to the old folder structure. For portability, especially on a USB flash drive that may get a different drive letter when plugged in, any references to files and folders would need to be dynamic/relative based on the current drive letter. This would be true for at least the plugins, macros, templates, syntax files, and any other fiolders/files needed to support EmEditor’s funtionality.

It is very welcome that EmEditor v7 does not write any information to the registry, but it is not quite portable yet. Is portability, without having to manually update references to files and/or folders, in the plans?

Xavier :-D

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I didn’t have a time to fix the absolute/relative path issue before beta 2. I will certainly try to fix this issue by the release version. Thanks!

TheXman
    Participant

Thanks! Your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Riko

Bug:
    WindowsXP SP1 + EmEditor 7 beta 2 (and Beta 1 too)
    Windows context menu “Open With….” not workin correctly.

Windows context menu “Open With….” not detected file EmEditor.exe as executable program, and not associated files with EmEditor

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I cannot reproduce this problem. It looks like Windows system issue. You might want to reboot Windows if the issue still appears.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I fixed most of relative/absolute path issues on beta 3. Please give a try!

TheXman
    Participant

Yutaka wrote:
    I fixed most of relative/absolute path issues on beta 3. Please give a try!

Yes, the 2 types of portability tests that I reported earlier are working! Thanks! :-D I’ll continue testing other scenarios in order to help make it as bulletproof as possible. Keep up the good work!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.