Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    atnak
    Participant

This is a cosmetic bug that causes practical inconveniences because of the way the “nib” (the position indicator) on scrollbars are drawn.

Take for example the vertical scroll bar.

If one opens a document with lots of lines of text, the vertical scrollbar renders a “nib” that I can click on with the mouse cursor and drag down to see further down the document.

The problem is, even if I drag the nib all the way down so that the end of the document is visible, the “nib” itself is not rendered flush against the end of the scrollbar: There’s about a 16 pixels gap between the end of the scrollbar and where the nib stops.

This causes confusion because at a glance it doesn’t look like I’ve reached the end of the document.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

There is a reason for this, but it is hard to describe except to write that it was necessary to be consistent with the Minimap. You can clear the “Show Markers on Vertical Scroll Bar” check box in the Scroll page of configuration properties if you don’t need the Minimap or markers on the scroll bar.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I believe this issue will be fixed on v17.1.3. Thanks!

atnak
    Participant

Thank you. However, I have tried v17.1.3 and there appears to be a slight mishap.

Because if I scroll all the way down, nib moves past its bottom boundary and buries itself into the bottom button of the vertical scrollbar.

The problem can be reproduced by having a document containing a large number of lines relative to the window size. For example, 8000 lines with the window height of 800px.

I think it may be related to the fact that there’s a minimum height of 16px beyond which the nib will not shrink.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I am sorry, I reproduced the issue. I will look into that.
    Thank you,

atnak
    Participant

Brilliant! I can confirm both problems are resolved in v17.1.4. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.