Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CaptainFlint
    Participant

I noticed that when I agree to auto-update EmEditor, its updater downloads the package extremely slowly. The speed is ~17 Kb/s. My Internet connection is quite fast though and if I download the same file from the browser I receive it at ~350 Kb/s. Why is updater so slow? It takes it about 10 minutes to complete the download, so the auto-updater becomes almost useless: it’s much faster to download and install the package manually.

PS: And the tray icon is still empty…

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello Flint,

I haven’t seen the difference in speed between the updater download and the direct link. That is strange… I hope it happened only once.

I noticed the icon is missing, and I will let the developer of the installer company know this bug.

Thank you,

CaptainFlint
    Participant

I hope it happened only once.

No, this happens every time I use auto-updater. I used it 4 or 5 times when updating to the newer EmEditor RC releases, and each time it took equally long time to update. This time, however, I was finally annoyed enough to overcome my laziness and report about it.

Maybe buffer sizes are not good enough?
    And what is the exact URL location used for auto-updating? Maybe, this is just a different server which has a different route from/to my computer with some very slow node in between…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.