Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wizzlepig
    Participant

Hello! Thanks again for a great product, I use emeditor all day long.

I test software, and I have a ton of things installed on my system, any of which might be causing this issue, but…

occasionally, when I am not using emeditor, it seems to hijack my ‘n’ key.

when I press the ‘n’ key, the right-click tray icon menu opens.

I have tried to humor the menu, and click something in it.

the next time I press the ‘n’ key it does it again. I have to kill the tray icon.

I suspect I am accidentally mashing some key sequence which is causing this.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor Tray Icon’s menu opens when a user presses CTRL + ALT + N. To disable this behavior, you can right-click on the Tray Icon, select Customize, and then clear the “Shortcut Key to Simulate Left Mouse Button” text box.

I apologize for any inconveniences this might have caused you even though you shouldn’t see the menu if you press only an N key (without CTRL or ALT).

Please don’t hesitate to ask me if you have further questions. Thank you.

wizzlepig
    Participant

Thank you for the information, I will see if I can figure out what is up.

I have VMware on my machine, which uses cctrl-alt to exit a desktop console connection using its native client software. I am guessing when it is running is when this happens.

I will check it out and see.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that might have caused the problem. I suggest you can clear ALT+CTRL+N shortcut from the EmEditor tray icon as I explain earlier. Thanks again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.