Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I am preparing a vote in this site. I summarized recent opinions, and am preparing the list to start the poll. Please review the following list, and if your wish is not listed or need any clarification, please reply to this message to reflect your opinions. I will start the poll within a few days. Once the poll starts, it is not easy to add a new request. Thanks!

– Read Only icon on tabs
    – Tab on the bottom
    – Multiline snippets (plug-in)
    – Linked Find and Replace-with combo boxes
    – No to all for Unsaved files
    – diff with content
    – Copy complete line without having to mark line
    – triple-click line selection should be logical line
    – “Jump” dialog box should add a “Column” Textbox
    – Outline plugin should show only function or class names
    – “>>”button to FindBar plug-in

me75

Great,so expected!
    I add one:
    – Drop down the history list and use “Delete” key can delete the item directly.in Finbar/Find dialog edit box .

History list Clearing will be more flexible and easy.We can delete nonuse items and keep useful history items from a long list.

Just as GreenBrowser’s Search Box or Address Bar.
    http://www.morequick.com/Download.htm

Vlad

It would be nice to have correct colorizing for Python triple-quoted strings. They can include unescaped newlines and quotes. They are used for documentation and thus occasionally contain unmatched ‘ (it’s, that’s, etc.).
    This is an old request: http://www.emeditor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=562

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

You can now vote for features which should be included in future versions at the top page of this site. You can select multiple items, but you can vote only once. If your requested feature is not listed here, please reply here to have yours included before you vote since you can vote only once.

yongfa365

I Wish
    1. “Ctrl+Scroll” to change font size

2. can or can’t edit readonly file give a set , default is can’t edit

3.Edit long line char fast !!!

other: When I RegExp replace a file ,this file include a long line char ,don’t open replace fast, open this file replace very slow, why

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I will add your requests to the wish list.

me75

Add a wish:
    Add ‘Monitor Clipbaord’ function:Monitor Clipbaord and auto paste to emeditor.As a button on toolbar.
    —-An useful function like editplus.
    —-If user want to copy many blocks text to a joint document.No need switch many times between emeditor and other programs.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

You might want to explain what “Monitor Clipboard” does. Do you want something like clipboard history or “Copy Append” (Copy the selection and add to the current clipboard content)? By the way, some of these functions can be done using macros or plug-ins, and you can assign any macros or plug-ins to toolbar buttons.

me75

Thanks for Yutaka’s reply.
    I means:
    **Monitor Clipboard command**
    Use this command to monitor changes of clipboard and insert the changed content into the end of current document(Event if EmEditor is not current window). This command can be used for abbreviation of cut-and-paste operation. Any text which is copied or cut to the clipboard will be inserted into the current document. A check mark appears next to the menu item when this option is active(or button on toolbar is press-down).

When EmEditor is not current window,can macros or plug-ins monitor changes of clipboard?

EditPlus have this function,you can feel it.
    EditPlus/Document menu/Monitor Clipboard
    Monitors and insert the changed contents of clipboard.

shaohao

I recommend one “Scroll Edit-View Horizontally with Ctrl(Shift)+Mouse Wheel”

Users can only scroll the edit-view verically with the mouse wheel. Is it possible for EmEditor to add “Ctrl(or Shift)+Mouse Wheel” function to scroll the edit-view horizontally?

letmein7

I am currently using emeditor pro 7. I have a folder (d:database) which contains all my codes and documents and I would like emeditor to always open this folder as a default open location instead of ‘my documents’.

Of course, I also want to see emeditor save my files at this location (d:database) because it is a place where I keep all my codes and documents.

hope to see it implemented.
    thank you.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

letmein7 wrote:
    I am currently using emeditor pro 7. I have a folder (d:database) which contains all my codes and documents and I would like emeditor to always open this folder as a default open location instead of ‘my documents’.

Of course, I also want to see emeditor save my files at this location (d:database) because it is a place where I keep all my codes and documents.

hope to see it implemented.
    thank you.

See http://www.emeditor.com/modules/xoopsfaq/index.php?cat_id=2#q12

letmein7

Thank you for your response. I tried your suggestion but it does not work like way i really want because i don’t want it to remember the last folder when it should always remember the ‘open default directory’.

‘Remember the last folder’ is inconvenience because it is always different.

In ultraedit32, it has ‘open default directory’ and ‘save default directory’ option and what it means is if you open a file from any location in your computer, it always points to your ‘open default directory’ or ‘save default directory’.

I hope you understand what i’m saying. It’s my suggestion. Thank you.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

letmein7 wrote:
    Thank you for your response. I tried your suggestion but it does not work like way i really want because i don’t want it to remember the last folder when it should always remember the ‘open default directory’.

‘Remember the last folder’ is inconvenience because it is always different.

In ultraedit32, it has ‘open default directory’ and ‘save default directory’ option and what it means is if you open a file from any location in your computer, it always points to your ‘open default directory’ or ‘save default directory’.

I hope you understand what i’m saying. It’s my suggestion. Thank you.

In EmEditor, I have not implemented the default directory option within EmEditor, because Windows has its ability to set the “current directory” for each process. Did you try the second method:

… Alternatively, display the Properties for the EmEditor shortcut that you usually use to run EmEditor, and add /cd in the Target text box. For instance, if the install folder of EmEditor is “C:Program FilesEmEditor”, enter “C:Program FilesEmEditoremeditor.exe” /cd. Moreover, fill the Start in text box as a folder you want to open from.

letmein7

I tried your second method but it’s not convenience for me because i have to do it again if i re-install your program.

I would like to spend my time to save all the settings and restore it if i re-install emeditor. I’m sure there is a way to have ‘default directory’ option in emeditor.

thank you for listenning.

In EmEditor, I have not implemented the default directory option within EmEditor, because Windows has its ability to set the “current directory” for each process. Did you try the second method:

… Alternatively, display the Properties for the EmEditor shortcut that you usually use to run EmEditor, and add /cd in the Target text box. For instance, if the install folder of EmEditor is “C:Program FilesEmEditor”, enter “C:Program FilesEmEditoremeditor.exe” /cd. Moreover, fill the Start in text box as a folder you want to open from.

alexq

Thanks for your prog and efforts!
    the only problem I have is opening multiple files
    from the command line using wildcards, like in this thread

I need to apply macro for multiple .htm files.
    my command line is:
    “D:EmEditorEmEditor.exe” /mf “C:CORcor.jsee” “C:COR*.htm”

it’s very frustrating to get every time “invalid path” reply.
    command line options don’t work:(((

p.s. one file is opened well, but I have 5K files to process.

Please, make wildcards work :-)

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

alexq wrote:
    Thanks for your prog and efforts!
    the only problem I have is opening multiple files
    from the command line using wildcards, like in this thread

I need to apply macro for multiple .htm files.
    my command line is:
    “D:EmEditorEmEditor.exe” /mf “C:CORcor.jsee” “C:COR*.htm”

it’s very frustrating to get every time “invalid path” reply.
    command line options don’t work:(((

p.s. one file is opened well, but I have 5K files to process.

Please, make wildcards work :-)

I might consider that in future. However, if you have many files to open, I would recommend you to use a macro instead of command line. I believe macros can do very well in your case.

letmein7

“Automatically clear search and file history on exit” option on emeditor 7 pro.?

thank you.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

letmein7 wrote:
    “Automatically clear search and file history on exit” option on emeditor 7 pro.?

thank you.

For search history, you can use the following macro, and assign this to run at the event of “Group Window Closed”. Unfortunately, file history cannot be cleared unless you check “Do no share process between documents” in the Advanced tab of Customize dialog box. If this is the case, you can uncomment the four lines in the code so all the file list will be also erased.

WshShell = new ActiveXObject( "WScript.Shell" );
    //try { WshShell.RegDelete( "HKCUSoftwareEmSoftEmEditor v3Recent File List" ); } catch( e ){}
    //try { WshShell.RegDelete( "HKCUSoftwareEmSoftEmEditor v3Recent Folder List" ); } catch( e ){}
    //try { WshShell.RegDelete( "HKCUSoftwareEmSoftEmEditor v3Recent Font List" ); } catch( e ){}
    //try { WshShell.RegDelete( "HKCUSoftwareEmSoftEmEditor v3Recent Insert List" ); } catch( e ){}
    try { WshShell.RegDelete( "HKCUSoftwareEmSoftEmEditor v3CommonFind" ); } catch( e ){}
    try { WshShell.RegDelete( "HKCUSoftwareEmSoftEmEditor v3CommonFindFlag" ); } catch( e ){}

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.