Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Shankey Verma
    Participant

I have a doubt regarding the Wrap by Windows feature that is widely available in your application. I have extensively tested this feature and found it to be highly effective when dealing with simple text that does not require horizontal scrolling. It intelligently wraps the entire line to fit within the screen width, which greatly enhances readability.

However, I have encountered a situation where I face a challenge while working in cell selection mode, specifically when I have two columns. In this scenario, column 1 consists of numerical values, while column 2 contains written statements. When I enter cell selection mode and subsequently choose to adjust the separator position, the contents of column 2 extend far beyond the screen’s visible area. As a result, I find myself having to scroll excessively to reach the end of the text. i know we can inlarge the size of Cell in toolbar to see the entire statement but that is only in the toolbar to be shown. i want to te available in the current cell as wrapped up text.

Considering this, I would like to propose the addition of an option that allows for the wrapping of specific text within a cell, ensuring it is displayed only within the confines of the screen size. By implementing this feature, users like myself would be able to maintain the advantages of the wrap functionality while ensuring optimal readability and ease of navigation within cell selection mode.

Scneario that i have(In Cell Selection Mode):-
    S.no Statements
    1 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed commodo ligula auctor, a eleifend nibh tincidunt. Mauris varius risus eu nulla tincidunt,
    2 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed commodo ligula auctor, a eleifend nibh tincidunt. Mauris varius risus eu nulla tincidunt,
    3 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed commodo ligula auctor, a eleifend nibh tincidunt. Mauris varius risus eu nulla tincidunt,
    4 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed commodo ligula auctor, a eleifend nibh tincidunt. Mauris varius risus eu nulla tincidunt,

Scneatio that i want(In Cell Selection Mode):-
    S.no Statements
    1 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
    Sed commodo ligula auctor, a eleifend nibh tincidunt.
    Mauris varius risus eu nulla tincidunt,
    2 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
    3 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
    4 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
    I appreciate your time and attention to my query. Thank you for considering my suggestion, and I look forward to any insights or updates you may have regarding this matter.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Line wrapping is disabled for CSV modes and very large files. This is necessary to make EmEditor work smoothly and fast.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.