Forum Replies Created
No problem, I am glad people are using it and I think EmEditor is a great program that can be a great editor for R.
Anyway, I have completely redesigned the macro, and increased it’s performance and functionality, and also put it up on github, you can get a new copy of it here: The R Macro at github. I haven’t written any documentation for it yet, but it is mostly intuitive, I will try to over the next couple of days.
There are now two files, thermacro.jsee, and thermacrofunctions.jsee. You’ll need to download both files, but only add “thermacro.jsee” to emeditor. You’ll need to alter two paths in the thermacro.jsee (like the old macro)
One for the icon (first line in macro)
#icon = “C:Program FilesRR-2.11.0binR.exe”,0
and one for the r executable directory
rbin = ‘C:Program FilesRR-2.11.0bin’ //full path to r bin directory
Autostart R (minor bug with rgui at the moment though)
Many basic R commands, including loading files and plots
integrate more using rcom
If you would like other things included, just let me know.
Updated script for passing to already running RGui now uploaded.
Instructions on this post:
Macro script download (also available using link above):
Any problems, feel free to let me know.
Note that i do plan on continually improving the integration of R and Emeditor, initially with this macro, but eventually a proper plugin might be required.
I’m the author of that blogpost (thanks muchly for posting that link here flamerz). The rrun (emeditor macro) script allows you to run only selected lines as well, though the version available will (as you say) run rterm each time.
I have modified the script, so that if a flag called “useSource” is set true, and you have a running instance of RGui + R Console (default when rgui is launched from shortcut), it will run the code in that instance and not reload rterm each time. I found it was more reliable to use the “source” command, rather than sending strings to the REPL;
echo and keep.source args are hardcoded in the script, but of course feel free to modify that! in r, if you are not already familiar with this command, try “help(source)” for more options.
I’ll upload the script and do a little blog post about it to explain it more.
The easiest method I’ve found for getting ctags to work for an unsupported language is to create a file in your home directory titled .ctags , then follow the instructions on the
exuburant ctags site for adding a language.
Otherwise you can add –options=xxxx to the advanced options in the symbols config in emeditor which should pick the file up;
You’ll know if it is working, if you go to the plugins dir, in DOS, and type ctags.exe –list-kinds and your language should be listed.