Today, we are releasing EmEditor v17.4.0 beta 1.
Notes: Beta versions are updated frequently. In order to update automatically to future beta versions, please select Select Update Channel on the Help menu, and select Betas.
Updates from v17.3.2 include:
New General Features
- Added more options to In the Selection Only regular expression searches. For instance, enabling the ‘^’ and ‘$’ can Match Beginning and End of the Selection option allows you to use regular expressions that can match only at the beginning/ending of the selection. Enabling the Look Around during the Selection Only Search option allows you to use lookahead/lookbehind expressions to look outside of the selection while matching only in the selection.
- Added more options to the CSV cell selection mode, which allow you to keep number of columns same while editing, or double-click outside to create a new cell.
- The Boost.Regex version was updated to v1.66.0.
- Reverted the font size in dialog boxes from 9 point to 8 point except for Chinese.
- Optimized icons for high-DPI monitors.
- Optimized for Windows 7 or later. Digital signatures for executable files use SHA256 certificates only, and previous dual signatures with SHA1 certificates were deprecated. This version does NOT support Windows Vista/Server 2008.
- In an effort to prevent anti-virus software false alarms, the file extension of the install was changed from .exe to .msi.
- Greatly improved the speed of Replace All (when the find string contains newline characters and the replace string does not) and its Undo operations. See the test results table below.
|v16.5||v16.6||v16.9||v17.4||Comparison to v16.5|
|Replace All “9\n” with “a”||32.7 seconds||22.4 seconds||0.17 seconds||0.141 seconds||232 times faster|
|Undo the above||73.5 seconds||29.2 seconds||27.8 seconds||2.55 seconds||28.8 times faster|
* All test conditions are the same as Version 16.6.
- Added the ‘^’ and ‘$’ can Match Beginning and End of the Selection and Look Around during the Selection Only Search check boxes to the Advanced (Find) dialog box.
- Added the Prompt when Very Long Lines Exist check box to the Edit page of the Customize dialog box.
- Added the Keep Number of Columns Same while Editing in Cell Selection Mode, Press TAB key to Create a New Cell in Cell Selection Mode, Double-Click Header/Line Numbers to Create a New Column/Line in Cell Selection Mode, and Double-Click Outside to Create a New Cell in Cell Selection Mode check boxes to the CSV page of the Customize dialog box.
- Added more regular expression samples to the menu displayed when the > button is clicked in the Find/Replace dialog boxes.
- Fixed the bug where removing all newline codes from a very large file could crash.
- Fixed certain regular-expression searches and replaces. For instance, in the Selection Only search, the regular expression “^a+” could match incorrect positions when the Find Previous button was clicked in the Find dialog box.
- Fixed customer-reported issues (1)
These files will be deleted when official release versions become available. The official releases can be downloaded at the Download page.
Please post any questions or comments at Beta Forums.
Thank you for continue using EmEditor!