Today, we are releasing EmEditor v17.8.0 beta 3 (17.7.93).
Notes: Beta versions are updated frequently. In order to update automatically to future beta versions, please select Select Update Channel on the Help menu, and select Betas.
New General Features
- EmEditor can now save workspaces periodically and restore workspaces in case Windows stop errors (blue screen errors) occur or hardware failures due to power outage. EmEditor can also save workspaces on crash as previous versions did.
- A dialog box with a progress bar now appears while restoring a workspace. Warning messages can appear in the Output bar if unexpected events happen while restoring a workspace.
- Added the Save Workspace button to the Save changes? dialog box displayed when a modified document is about to close. Clicking this button will save all modified documents as a workspace with the Undo information, and next time when EmEditor is open, all the modified documents will be restored and become ready to be undone.
- Added the Workspace page to the Customize dialog box.
- Moved the Automatic Workspace drop-down list box and Do not ask before exiting check box from the Window page to the Workspace page of the Customize dialog box.
- Customize Workspace
- Fixed customer-reported issues.
These files will be no longer accessible when official release versions become available. The official releases can be downloaded at the Download page.
Please post any questions or comments at Beta Forums.
Thank you for using EmEditor!