Today, we are releasing EmEditor v16.4.0.
Updates from v16.3.1 include:
New General Features
- The new Auto Copy feature allows you to copy the selection automatically to the Clipboard without selecting the Copy command (CTRL + C). While the Auto Copy mode is on, the selection will be copied to the Clipboard immediately before the selection is deselected or deleted, immediately before the active document is switched, or the editor loses the keyboard focus. However, it does not work during the CSV cell mode.
- The Delete/Bookmark Duplicate Lines (Advanced) command and Sort by Multiple Columns commands can be recorded as a macro now.
- When deleting duplicates of an already sorted document, setting the Compare Adjacent Lines Only (Assume Presorted) check box dramatically increases the speed of the operation.
- AutoCopy.jsee (Toggles the Auto Copy feature, equivalent to the Auto Copy command)
- Icons were added to all the standard macros.
- The Auto Copy check box was added to the Edit tab of the Customize dialog box.
- The Compare Adjacent Lines Only (Assume Presorted) and In the Selection Only check boxes were added to the Delete/Bookmark Duplicate Lines dialog box.
- The In the Selection Only check box was added to the Sort by Multiple Columns dialog box.
- The Show Arrows check box was added to the Scroll tab of configuration properties.
- The Customize Macros dialog box can be resizable now. The My Macros list in the My Macros tab now allows you to select multiple items, and it also allows you to drag and drop selected items. The Top, Bottom, and Reset buttons were added to the My Macros tab, and Delete All button is obsolete. While the My Macros list has the keyboard focus, CTRL + A allows you to select all items.
- Auto Copy
Plug-in API New Features
- The EE_MANAGE_DUPLICATES and EE_SORT messages were added.
- The Editor_ManageDuplicates and Editor_Sort inline functions were added.
- The MANAGE_DUPLICATES_INFO, COLUMN_INFO, and SORT_INFO structures were added.
- The EEID_AUTO_COPY command was added.
Macro New Features
- The DeleteDuplicates method and Sort method were added to the Document object.
- #status directive … Specifies the status (whether the macro is enabled and whether it is checked) of the current macro should mimic the command specified by the ID.
- Fixed some issues related to using a high-DPI monitor or multiple different-DPI monitors.
- Fixed some issues related to the CSV cell mode.
- Fixed some issues related to the Filter feature.
If you use the Installer version, you can select Check for Updates on the Help to download the newest version. If you use one of the other versions, you can go to the Download page to download the newest version.
Notes: Currently, the UWP versions are not available for downloads.
In order to reduce the installer size, the Help file is not included in the installer. You can view the Web Help with your browser, or download the separate Help file. If you would like to download the separate local Help file, please go to the Download Help page.
This version is available free if you have a lifetime license or if your maintenance plan is valid as of January 24, 2017. Your registration keys might be found in the Emurasoft Customer Center. The registration key for v16 is the same as the key for v15 and v14.
Thank you for using EmEditor!