Today, we are releasing EmEditor v17.8.2 for Store App. This is essentially the same version as v17.8.1 for Desktop (non-Store App) versions, but Store Apps can be downloaded exclusively from Microsoft Store. You can download Store Apps at:
Advantages of this store app over non-store versions of EmEditor:
– Installation and uninstallation is easier
– Updates are completely automatic
– As a UWP app, no changes are made to system files. Settings are stored inside the app container.
– You can install an app on up to 10 devices while signed in to your Microsoft account.
– You can install an app on Windows 10 in S mode.
For technical details, see Compare Desktop Installer, Desktop Portable, and Store App Versions.
Price for subscription – $19.99 USD plus taxes per year
Licenses acquired outside the Store cannot be used for the store app, due to Microsoft’s Terms of Sale. Therefore, subscriptions for this store app are sold separately from licenses for non-store apps, including desktop installer versions and portable versions. This means that registration keys that were purchased outside of the Microsoft Store cannot be used for this store app.
Subscriptions for the 32-bit version and 64 bit version are not interchangeable – a subscription for the 32-bit version cannot be used for the 64-bit version and visa versa.
As of today, we don’t offer academic licenses anymore, however you may purchase a store app with the same low price as the former academic license.
Thank you for using EmEditor!