Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Meir
    Participant

Dear forum

There is currently an EmEditor function Edit -> Advanced -> “Move to last editing position”. Right now it is a one-shot operation. Once executed, you can neither jump back to the position you jumped from or go further backward in the editing points sequence.

I would like to see it enhanced to “Previous/Next (editing) location” in a FIFO sequence. The FIFO sequence I have in mind is somewhere between five and ten editing points deep. Such an enhancement is similar to the Acrobat “Previous view”/”Next view” menu items, buttons and shortcut keys.

This would also be conceptually similar to the “Back”/”Forward” navigation in browsers and the Windows Explorer.

Right now I am using the “Bookmarks” mechanism, but these must be set beforehand, limiting their use.

What say you folks?

Regards,
    Meir

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello mguttman,

Thank you for your inputs. I might consider that in future versions.
    However, it is not always possible to go back to previous edited positions since they might be edited and positions you want to go back might not be there. I will think about better solutions.

Thanks again!

Meir
    Participant

Dear Yutaka,

Yes, you have a point!

Would it be too difficult though to return to a point just to the left and possibly above the no-more-existent edit point?

Regards,
    Meir

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.