Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    imneo

I just came to know this wonderful editor. I have been using several other editors (both commercial and open source). I would like to see the following functions be added:

1. Windows Explorer context menu
    While file association is good, I think it’s still very useful to add a context menu ‘Edit with EmEditor’ to any file; in this way I don’t have to associate any possible file exts with EmEditor. BTW, it’s only my personal opinion, I hate Registry.

2. Favorite files or projects
    I have several daily-used files. I can’t resist mentioning another excellent commercial editor UltraEdit. UE has a function Favorite Dialog which I like very much. Thru this Favorite Dialog, I can quickly open very frequently-used files in seconds.

Another way to organize frequently-used files is group them into projects. Though I personally don’t use it often (perhaps only once), but opinions vary – a lot of people like this.

Thanks.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

1. There is “EmEditor” menu in the Explorer context menu. If not, make sure “Add a shortcut to the Context Menu on Explorer” is checked in the Customize dialog > Shortcut tab > More Shortcuts button.

2. I will soon release the Projects plug-in, so you can add your favorite files to a tree!

imneo

Apology. I did not look all options in the Customize dialog. Thanks.

imneo

Sorry, but where is the Customize dialog? I cannot find it.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

It is under the Tools menu > Customize. It is available on EmEditor Professional or Standard, but not on EmEditor Free.

imneo

Thanks. I see. I am evaluating the free edition.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.