- June 22, 2007 at 6:29 pm #4437
I just came to know this wonderful editor. I have been using several other editors (both commercial and open source). I would like to see the following functions be added:
1. Windows Explorer context menu
While file association is good, I think it’s still very useful to add a context menu ‘Edit with EmEditor’ to any file; in this way I don’t have to associate any possible file exts with EmEditor. BTW, it’s only my personal opinion, I hate Registry.
2. Favorite files or projects
I have several daily-used files. I can’t resist mentioning another excellent commercial editor UltraEdit. UE has a function Favorite Dialog which I like very much. Thru this Favorite Dialog, I can quickly open very frequently-used files in seconds.
Another way to organize frequently-used files is group them into projects. Though I personally don’t use it often (perhaps only once), but opinions vary – a lot of people like this.
Thanks.June 23, 2007 at 7:35 am #4438Yutaka EmuraKeymaster
1. There is “EmEditor” menu in the Explorer context menu. If not, make sure “Add a shortcut to the Context Menu on Explorer” is checked in the Customize dialog > Shortcut tab > More Shortcuts button.
2. I will soon release the Projects plug-in, so you can add your favorite files to a tree!June 23, 2007 at 5:01 pm #4439
Apology. I did not look all options in the Customize dialog. Thanks.June 23, 2007 at 11:24 pm #4440
Sorry, but where is the Customize dialog? I cannot find it.June 24, 2007 at 6:57 am #4441Yutaka EmuraKeymaster
It is under the Tools menu > Customize. It is available on EmEditor Professional or Standard, but not on EmEditor Free.June 25, 2007 at 5:24 am #4442
Thanks. I see. I am evaluating the free edition.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.