Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    slbuben

Is there any way the 32 bit plug in Align Left can be used in EmEditor running on Vista Home Premium 64 bit? I have used this plug in constantly in the past and am sorely missing it in the 64 bit version.

Or could someone provide a macro to accomplish the same task?

Thank you !!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

slbuben wrote:
    Is there any way the 32 bit plug in Align Left can be used in EmEditor running on Vista Home Premium 64 bit? I have used this plug in constantly in the past and am sorely missing it in the 64 bit version.

Or could someone provide a macro to accomplish the same task?

Thank you !!

It should be easy to write a macro for the same feature. What exactly do you want to do?

slbuben

Yutaka,
    The existing 32 bit plugin does pretty much exactly what I need to do. I’m not sure of how the plugin works, but basically I highlight several lines of text and then run the plugin on those lines. It removes any spaces or other characters other than alpha numeric, data, so that all of the alpha numberic is moved to the far left.

I use the editor for working with LSP files where opening and closing brackets (parentheses) are indented to match each other. I start out editing existing files by moving everything to the left, and then proceeding to indent down the file, as needed.

Mostly spaces are removed by the plugin, but I believe any tabs or line feeds, etc., at the left of the alpha numeric data are removed, as well. Any of the spaces, tabs, line feeds, etc. within the alpha numeric data, or to the right of it needs to stay, of course.

If you or someone else could write a macro to accomplish this, it would be very much appreciated. (The plugin is used so frequently, that I’m currently taking my text editing home to do it on my 32 bit version of EmEditor, where I have the plugin, rather than attempting to do it at work where the plugin is not available.)

Thank you.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

slbuben wrote:
    Yutaka,
    The existing 32 bit plugin does pretty much exactly what I need to do. I’m not sure of how the plugin works, but basically I highlight several lines of text and then run the plugin on those lines. It removes any spaces or other characters other than alpha numeric, data, so that all of the alpha numberic is moved to the far left.

I use the editor for working with LSP files where opening and closing brackets (parentheses) are indented to match each other. I start out editing existing files by moving everything to the left, and then proceeding to indent down the file, as needed.

Mostly spaces are removed by the plugin, but I believe any tabs or line feeds, etc., at the left of the alpha numeric data are removed, as well. Any of the spaces, tabs, line feeds, etc. within the alpha numeric data, or to the right of it needs to stay, of course.

If you or someone else could write a macro to accomplish this, it would be very much appreciated. (The plugin is used so frequently, that I’m currently taking my text editing home to do it on my 32 bit version of EmEditor, where I have the plugin, rather than attempting to do it at work where the plugin is not available.)

Thank you.

If you want to remove space or tabs in less than 4 or 8 columns in the left side of each lines, I would just press SHIFT + TAB after you select lines. Does this help?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.