Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jic
    Participant

Greetings! First of all, thank you for having this wonderful product. Love it.

Imagine this scenario: I have to do a comparison of two like reports to make sure things have not changed. I have a report called Pipeline and another one called Scorecard. I want to check two fields of each report with 100s of row. I open EmEditor and I get a new empty note called Untitled-7, and I paste the Pipeline data there. After that, get a new empty note called Untitled-8, and I paste the Scorecard data there. I then due comparison and on top I have one side Untitled-7 and the other side Untititled-8. Now, I forgot which one was which. The beautiful thing, whichi I am asking is for the user to be able to double-click on the title Untitled-7 and rename it to Pipeline-7 and also double click on the other one and rename it ScoreCard-8. This would be so helpful. That way, if I want to save it, it already has a name. Let me know if this is not clear enough. thanks.

josé
    PS: Keep up the good work. By the way, at first when you created the CVS tools, and look, I was a bit irate. I was like, “Why?” But, now, this is my place to do comparisons. :-) Excel has been replaced. ;-) Thanks again.

jic
    Participant

Hi Yutaka.

I hate to say this, but I have started to work with notepad++ because of this feature is still missing. I can rename any Tab in notepad++, and yes, your tool is the best in comparison, by far, but this feature, you have failed to add it, and notepad++ has it. Please consider adding this feature. Thanks.

josé

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello jic,

The next version of EmEditor will allow you to rename an untitled document without saving it.
    Thank you for reminding me!

jic
    Participant

Thanks so much for version 19.4.0. :-)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.