Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vha

If you select a file in the explorer window using the mouse, the explorer remains the active window.

This means you first have to click inside the editor window before you can for example do a CTRL-G (go to line…) or CTRL-F (find…)

More logical behavior should be that the newly opened window become the active window in the editor

tx, vha

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

vha wrote:
    If you select a file in the explorer window using the mouse, the explorer remains the active window.

This means you first have to click inside the editor window before you can for example do a CTRL-G (go to line…) or CTRL-F (find…)

More logical behavior should be that the newly opened window become the active window in the editor

tx, vha

You didn’t describe exactly what your OS is and how you can reproduce your problem. I don’t have a problem with Windows Vista or Windows XP when I double-click a file in Explorer.
    I know there might be a problem with a certain OS, due to a bug in that OS.

vha

I’m using Windows XP SP2

and have the option ‘single click to open an item’ switched on for the explorer plugin.

To reproduce, this is what I do:

– in the explorer window of the plugin, click on a file
    – the file opens up in the editor window
    BUT the explorer window of the plugin remains the active window

result is that most of the shortcut keys don’t work (CTRL-G, CTRL-F, …)

But i guess the misunderstanding was that I meant the explorer plugin window, not Window’s explorer window…

vha

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

vha wrote:
    I’m using Windows XP SP2

and have the option ‘single click to open an item’ switched on for the explorer plugin.

To reproduce, this is what I do:

– in the explorer window of the plugin, click on a file
    – the file opens up in the editor window
    BUT the explorer window of the plugin remains the active window

result is that most of the shortcut keys don’t work (CTRL-G, CTRL-F, …)

But i guess the misunderstanding was that I meant the explorer plugin window, not Window’s explorer window…

vha

I see. I don’t remember why I didn’t program that way, but on the next version clicking an item in the Exploer plug-in will set focus in the editor view. Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.