Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Pepper Mint
    Participant

I use ctrl+f2 to toggle off a bookmark then make some edits and save. When I reload the file, the bookmark is there. How do I permanently remove a bookmark? (this is a csv file). Thanks.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

How do you reload the file? Do you use workspaces?

Is “Save Cursor Position and Bookmarks” check box is checked in the File tab of the Customize dialog box?

Please explain more details and write procedure how to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,

Pepper Mint
    Participant

>How do you reload the file?
    file > reload > same encoding [I only do this for the CSV file that I am working on] — perhaps this is the problem?

>Do you use workspaces?
    Yes.

>Is “Save Cursor Position and Bookmarks” check box is checked in the File tab of the Customize dialog box?
    Yes

>Please explain more details and write procedure how to reproduce the issue.

1. I press ctrl + f2 to remove a bookmark
    2. type something
    3. save the file
    4. file > reload > same encoding

but the bookmark is still there.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I still couldn’t reproduce the issue. Are you using the latest version of EmEditor?
    If you exit EmEditor (rather than reload), what do you see?

Pepper Mint
    Participant

Hi Yutaka,

Sorry, I had forgot about this completely. the problem exists. It does not affect TEXT files.

It affects CSV files.

Here is a video https://www.sendspace.com/file/5bhd73

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

I can’t watch this video, or I don’t want to download the video from this website. Can you give me a DIRECT link to a popular video file format (such as .mp4, .avi, .mov, etc.), or email me those files as an attachment?

Thanks,

Pepper Mint
    Participant

I sent you an email with the video file as an attachment about 2 weeks ago. Have you seen it yet?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I couldn’t find your email with your name Pepper Mint. Can you send me again? Please include your name Pepper Mint in your email.

Pepper Mint
    Participant

I don’t have an email with that name. I can give you the details of my email.

*my email includes “zxcvdf”
    *It was sent to [email protected]
    *It was sent on Thursday, 23 Nov 2017
    *the attachment is an mp4 about 734 kb in size.

Let me know if you need more info. Thanks.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I couldn’t find your message. Please email me again and please identify yourself in your email.

Pepper Mint
    Participant

I sent you a new email. Here is the subject

zxcvdf / pepper mint — video for the topic — “bookmarks – removed bookmarks return after reload”

Pepper Mint
    Participant

Please check the spam/junk mail folders just in case it got filtered incorrectly by your email spam protection. Thanks.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I received your message and video, but I couldn’t reproduce the issue. Also, this is different procedure from the one you described above. You wrote:

I use ctrl+f2 to toggle off a bookmark then make some edits and save. When I reload the file, the bookmark is there. How do I permanently remove a bookmark?

But, the way you reload in the video is different, and do you want bookmarks turned on or off?

I have to ask again. Is “Save Cursor Position and Bookmarks” check box is set in the File page of the Customize dialog box?

Pepper Mint
    Participant

The primary issue was that changes to the bookmark were not saved after reloading. I am not sure why but I can’t reproduce this problem either now. And yes, the

>Save Cursor Position and Bookmarks” check box is set in the File page of the Customize dialog box?

is checked on. Sorry about this.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.