Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jamil
    Participant

Windows 11 Professional on a new computer. Install of 64-bit EmEditor with local help also downloaded and installed: emed_help_en_23.0.5.msi. When I click Help|Search Help Topics I see a dialog asking how do I want to view help. I select Local help option and then must also click a web browser link. My downloaded help is never being opened. After the web help opens I click Help|Search Help Topics a second time for the same dialog asking how do I want to view help to appear again. Locally installed help never opens.

Jamil
    Participant

When I click Help|Preference, local help is checked off. It is not being honored.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Some issues related to the Help were fixed and improved on the latest preview version. Please update to the latest preview version, and let us know if you still see any issues. Thank you.

Jamil
    Participant

I installed the preview version to see that local help opens again. Unfortunately, it opens within the EmEditor client that takes real estate from my editing content. It would be helpful if I could undock this help window to make it a floating resizable window. Local help used to do this when I use the editor under Windows 10.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Please go to the Help page of the Customize dialog box, and clear the Use Web Browser within EmEditor to view Help if available option. Please also check the Local Help option is set. With these settings, the local Help will be displayed in the default browser (such as Microsoft Edge, FireFox, or Chrome). Please note that, starting with version 23.0, the Help file format was changed from a single CHM file to multiple HTML files.

Jamil
    Participant

Use Web Browser within EmEditor to view Help was never checked. Use local help option is selected. EmEditor continues to open local help within the editor. This is the link that I just copied: file:///C:/ProgramData/Emurasoft/EmEditor/Help/en/index.html. It is not using my default browser that would be FIrefox. I have version Version 23.0.908 installed now.

Jamil
    Participant

I will simply bookmark the local help URL within my browser to open manually.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I couldn’t reproduce the issue. Before you bookmark the local help, how did you open the Help? Did you select Search Help Topics on the Help menu?

Jamil
    Participant
    Jamil
    Participant

I installed emed64_22.5.2.msi and emed_help_en_22.1.0.msi to revert to chm help. Local help opens fine with this version.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I’ve just released v23.0.913, which sets the Use Web Browser within EmEditor to view Help if available option turned off by default. Hopefully, this will resolve the issue.

Jamil
    Participant

This version resolved the issue.

Thank you.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.