Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Meir
    Participant

Hi!

Some of the default background colors for the markers were too similar to my liking so I changed them:
    Tools -> Properties for All Configurations -> “Display” tag -> (various “Markers(i)”) -> background color -> pallets, etc.

That indeed changed the marker background highlight color as set, EXCEPT on the Markers toolbar, where the default color was still displayed. Restarting EmEditor didn’t help!

Regards,
    Meir

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi mguttman,

Toolbar button images are fixed, and cannot be customizable. Currently, this is the specification. We might consider improving this in future versions.

Meir
    Participant

Dear Yutaka,

Version 11 and its “Markers” feature came about at a very fortunate juncture in my work. I now have to simultaneously compare long numbers in a large body of text and how they relate to each other. The “Markers” feature turns out to be a truly, truly indispensable tool. Thank you!

This problem of fixed toolbar button colors for each marker, although not a major one, it still gets me confused every now and then.

So please, do fix it…

Thanks!
    Meir

Meir
    Participant

Dear Yutaka,

Right now, a given marker set is displayed on the Markers Toolbar as a color patch (plus text). Associated with it is the left-click “Find Next” command and a number of “context” (i.e. right click) commands.

I find the left click extremely helpful. I also found myself using extensively the “Find previous” context command, but this is a bit more involved. I would like to have it as equally convenient as the “Find next”. Assigning it a keyboard shortcut is not an option. The toolbar button is frequently created and destroyed.

So I have an idea regarding these Markers Toolbar buttons, apart from their color, so while you are at it, you might consider the following:

Make the color patch a two-button, up/down arrow (two small triangles), vertically divided, with the upper half assigned the “Find previous” and the lower one assigned “find next”.

Please give it a thought.

Many thanks for a fine product!

Meir

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.