Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    user
    Participant

hello

I uninstalled emeditor and I chose NOT to keep any settings and I deleted the emeditor folder

but when I installed it again, it remembered all my settings and position of toolbars etc

why? where does it store this info? is it in the registry or somewhere else? how do I completely remove emeditor and then make a clean install?

thanks

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

user wrote:
    hello

I uninstalled emeditor and I chose NOT to keep any settings and I deleted the emeditor folder

but when I installed it again, it remembered all my settings and position of toolbars etc

why? where does it store this info? is it in the registry or somewhere else? how do I completely remove emeditor and then make a clean install?

thanks

Do you use the Registry or INI files? If you use the Registry and select NO when you install, all settings should be uninstalled. However, if you use plug-ins, plug-ins settings are not unistalled. Also, if you uninstall from the different account, your settings may not be uninstalled. Please let me know. Thanks!

user
    Participant

when I install the latest version 8 beta 2 I don’t get any question where to install settings, in registry or ini

I don’t remember where I stored the settings of the previous installation (version 7)

how do I manualy remove registry info?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

user wrote:
    when I install the latest version 8 beta 2 I don’t get any question where to install settings, in registry or ini

I don’t remember where I stored the settings of the previous installation (version 7)

how do I manualy remove registry info?

If you have not created “UseIni.ini” file in the Program Files/EmEditor folder, you are probably using the Registry. You can remove the Registry information by running RegEdit.exe, delete the following trees:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareEmSoftEmEditor v3
    HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareEmSoftEmEditorPlugIns
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREEmSoftEmEditor v3

I hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.