Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    CaptainFlint
    Participant

After EmEditor crashed (unfortunately, I cannot reproduce it) I have two files automatically saved. On next EE start a dialog is shown with these two files. OK, I opened them, checked whether I had unsaved data, and removed those two AutoSave-files. But on next start EE again suggests me to open these two files.

There is a checkbox Show this dialog again at next startup, but I don’t understand what it does. I see the following possibilities:
    1. It will not be shown anymore even if EE crashes again.
    2. It will not be shown for these two files, but will appear on next crash for new AutoSave-files.
    Which one is correct? There is no help topic about this dialog (or at least, I failed to find it)…

In any case, I have some suggestions about this:
    a) Make description of the checkbox less general and more specific.
    b) Add description of this dialog into the help file – not only the dialog controls, but also some words about what’s happening and what to do now.
    c) Make it possible to call help from this dialog. It is modal, so it blocks the main EE window and I can’t use it to call help; F1 does not work either. I have to either close the AutoSave dialog, or open CHM file directly from a file manager (I can’t even run another EE instance – the new file is opened in the same blocked EE window).

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

2. It will not be shown for these two files, but will appear on next crash for new AutoSave-files.

is correct.

I will try to add more information to the help. Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.