Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    schwinbp

I created a new configuration for QlikView scripts(*.qvs) by copying the SQL configuration and updating it with differences. I wanted to export this syntax file to share with others, but when I do I only get 4 keywords in the file. When I export the SQL config syntax I get everything. This occurred in the old as well as latest version(9.14).

QVS…

#Keyword color=4,word=on,rightall=off,case=off,insidetag=off,regexp=off,rightall2=on
    ABORT
    Num

#Keyword color=4,word=off,rightall=off,case=off,insidetag=off,regexp=off,rightall2=off
    TEXT
    NTEXT

SQL …

#Keyword color=4,word=on,rightall=off,case=off,insidetag=off,regexp=off,rightall2=off
    ABORT
    ABS
    ACCEPT
    ACCESS
    ADD
    ADD_MONTHS
    ADDCOL
    ADVISE_COMMIT
    ADVISE_NOTHING
    ADVISE_ROLLBACK
    AGGREGAT
    ALL
    ALLOCATE_UNIQUE
    ANALYZE
    ANALYZE_OBJECT
    ANALYZE_SCHEMA

Thanks,

Brian

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I tried to reproduce your issue with EmEditor 9.14 and fresh Windows on Virtual PC, but I could not reproduce your issue. What I did was:

1. I installed EmEditor Professional 9.14 on fresh Windows XP2 on Virtual PC.
    2. Run EmEditor, select Tools menu > Select Configuration > Define Configurations.
    3. Select SQL and click “Copy” button to create “SQL2” configuration.
    4. Double-click SQL2 to open SQL2 properties, and then click “Highlight (1)” tab.
    5. Click “Add” button to add a new keyword called “123”.
    6. Click “Export” button to export keywords, named as “test.esy”.
    6. Close all dialog boxes, and open test.esy. I saw all SQL keywords plus “123”.

If my procedure is different from yours, please advise me. I want to reproduce your issue and fix that problem. Thank you.

schwinbp

This is a strange one. Your steps seem to be the way I created mine originally. I had done it several versions ago, so I am not sure exactly. I created a new config following your steps and it worked fine. I went back to original and it still was not exporting all.
    Then I removed the Num and ABORT keywords and exported again. No luck. I then removed the ABS keyword…success!
    I tried putting these back again and it is still working, but they are at the bottom of the list now.
    Anyway, thanks for your quick response. It is working so I am stoked. Let me know if you want me to try anything.

Brian

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

There was a related bug with several minor versions ago (v9.0x or v9.1x), so if this issue happend several minor versions ago, I believe it was fixed. If you don’t have any issues with newest version (v9.14 or 9.15), the issue shouldn’t happen again. However, if you still have the issue with the latest version, please don’t hesitate to ask me again. Thank you for posting your issues.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.