Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    parameter

Hi,

Rather than have the “Find” dialog and the “Replace” dialog be separate floating windows, I’d like to be able to “dock” them into the MDI EmEdit interface. (Somewhat like the “Explorer” or “Output” windows/panes).

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi parameter,

How about the Search plug-in or the Find toolbar?

Thanks!

parameter

The Find bar is pretty close. Especially so, since I found the “Close if ESC pressed” option.

I’d like the Find bar a lot more if I could have it shown at the bottom of the document window. This is for two reasons:
    – I’ve become very accustom to the find being there in other editors
    – When the find bar is inserted/removed from the tool bar area, several panes and plug-ins need to re-size.

A big feature of EmEditor is the speed. While the find bar does appear/disappear quickly, it “feels” like it does not due to the screen redraw. It would be great if the find bar felt lightning fast too. It may be easier to attain that appearance of speed at the bottom of the window rather than the top (the user is less likely to notice the re-size update).

parameter

Hmm, of course a workaround for that redraw issue is to turn off the close if esc is pressed. :)

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

For the next beta version, I am optimizing the time to toggle on and off the Find toolbar. Also, the Find Toolbar position will be remembered when you toggle off and on the Find Toolbar.

Thanks!

ldm
    Participant

How about the Search plug-in or the Find toolbar?

The Search plug-in has one big disadventage – it only shows a file name and line number where the matches were occured, but it doesn’t show the line contents (the line itself) where the matched word/string located.

So, in the Search plug-in, is it possible to replace the filename string with the line of the match.

Hopefully you understand what I mean…

Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.