Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    martyntw
    Participant

I’ve just downloaded EmEditor and I just had to post my initial views. I have long been a user of Textpad and never thought I would find a competitor, but EmEditor is really good. I have only played with it for a few minutes, but it is very intuitive. I easliy added Firefox as an additional Tool and particularly like the Web Preview and WordComplete and Exploer Plugins. I cannot find out, however, how to make replace IE with Firefox as the Web Previewer, but will keep trying.

Martyn.

gan
    Participant

I agree, it’s hard to find a good text editor and i’m using emeditor and textpad as well. I think i tried them all, but i never found anyone that can compare to these two. Unfortuantly they both miss some features i use so still have to keep both. The development of textpad is almost standing still so i’m hoping for emeditor. I also like that those two keep the focus on the text editor part and does not include everything which doesn’t belong in a text editor just to brag about the features.

Gan

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

martyntw wrote:
    I’ve just downloaded EmEditor and I just had to post my initial views. I have long been a user of Textpad and never thought I would find a competitor, but EmEditor is really good. I have only played with it for a few minutes, but it is very intuitive. I easliy added Firefox as an additional Tool and particularly like the Web Preview and WordComplete and Exploer Plugins. I cannot find out, however, how to make replace IE with Firefox as the Web Previewer, but will keep trying.

Martyn.

WebPreview plug-in uses the IE control, so it cannot replace IE control with Firefox. I don’t know if there is a firefox control available for developers. If there is one, I might make a Firefox plug-in.

doctorow
    Participant

Alternatively, you may want to try this Firefox addon:

ViewSourceWith 0.1

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.