Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    viettuan

New feature of Emeditor is Hex Viewer , but it very basic .
    I should think so develop Emeditor Hex Viewer look like Hex Workshop :-D :-D :-D :-D .

Stefan
    Participant

Why invent the wheel again?
    If one would need an Hex-Editor they could use an explicit hex editor :lol:

The same with editor built-in FTP client or text compare feature…
    …you would always become an half as good tool
    and hinder the author to improve the main product.
    It’s mostly better to use an decent extra tool for such extra tasks.

viettuan

I dont think it’s invent the wheel again.What do you think about Linux and Windows ? Linux is inventing the wheel again ? :-o :-o

i_libra

I hope that EmEditor can add the feature like this one by Plugin.

I’m afraid that the Emeditor will become bigger and bigger,slower and slower with the features added.
    Then it becomes the VS2008…..

I think the Emeditor should have a good, small and flexible core. the extra feature can be added by Plugin, just like the Eclipse.
    At the same time, more people can work for it to add new feature,not only waiting for hard-working author.

So if some people just like a small and fast text editor, Emeditor is what he want.
    if some people like a powerful ‘IDE’, Emeditor can also ‘pretend’ to that. :O

viettuan

A new change ver 8.00 b5 ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) :

bkerouan
    Participant

Hi,
    I frequently use an hexadecimal disk editor for forensic and recovery purposes (R-TT R-Studio) that has got different outputs including Unicode. Here is the output :

I really would like EmEditor to be able to have a display similar to
    this one. Is that planned ?

Many thanks.

Bruno

EmUser

I think this picture: http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/3884/rstudio2hp4.png, it’s great useful.

bkerouan
    Participant

Thanks, I’m not used yet to posting images in forums…

So, please include such way of displaying HEX and ASCII/Unicode in the 8.00 version !

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

bkerouan wrote:
    Thanks, I’m not used yet to posting images in forums…

So, please include such way of displaying HEX and ASCII/Unicode in the 8.00 version !

The v8 feature set has been fixed, and I cannot add any more features to v8. It is possible to consider in future major versions. However, I don’t really want to add both HEX and ASCII representations in one view because that increases the EmEditor.exe file size. If you really want advanced binary editing features, it is better to create a new application just for binary editing in this case. I would rather keep EmEditor lightweight.

EmUser

The v8 feature set has been fixed, maybe you can add this function in next edition, if you won’t increases the EmEditor.exe file size, maybe you can set this function as a plugin.
    Or, you are absorb in text?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.