Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor Professional 7.00.2 RC 1 is available for download. This version fixes bugs including:

– OutlineText plug-in updated to fix flickering issue.
    – WordComplete plug-in updated to fix selection issue.
    – Highlighting corresponding brackets now works in comments and in quotes.
    – other bug fixes.

http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed7002rc1epx.msi (32-bit)

The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than one using the Registry.

If you tried, please post any bug reports or any other feedback on this forum. Thank you!

Criss

Dear Yutaka,

thank you very much!
    Outline is now without flickering and I have it now enabled all the time.

Only one thing left regarding flickering – but that’s really a minor cosmetic thing:

I see the same like danderson:
    http://www.emeditor.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=136&forum=5&post_id=1579#forumpost1579
    “What I have found is that when the outline plugin is not active, only the current line is affected. The easiest way to reproduce is to open a text file, type as fast as possible (e.g. aldskfja;dlkfjad;lkjdsa;lk) or hold down the delete key. It’s much more prevalent when the outline plugin is enabled.”

danderson

Don’t know why, but I still see the same flickering issue with the outline plugin. I noticed that even the text in the outline sidebar flickers. As Criss noted, the flickering of the current line behavior without the outline plugin enabled remains for me as well. :(

Criss

To clarify – perhaps we talk about different things:
    * Flickering of text when outline guide is enabled (absent in 7.00.2):
    It is intensive and affects the whole text
    and it appears during normal text input.
    * Flickering of current line in text (still there in 7.00.2):
    It affects only current line of text
    and you have to type extremely fast, therefore normally not visible.
    * Flickering of text in outline sidebar (still there in 7.00.2):
    It is intensive and affects whole outline text
    and it appears during normal text input.

danderson

I agree with that breakdown/description of the issues with the exception of the fact that, unlike Criss, I still see “Flickering of text when outline guide is enabled” in 7.00.2 RC 1.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

danderson wrote:
    I agree with that breakdown/description of the issues with the exception of the fact that, unlike Criss, I still see “Flickering of text when outline guide is enabled” in 7.00.2 RC 1.

I know there is a bit of flickering in text, and also in OutlineText tree, but those are not critical problems for most users. I will soon release a minor update, but I will not fix this issue.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.