Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor Professional 7.00 beta 1 is available for download for one week only (through August 14, 2007)!

Since this is a beta version, it might include bugs, and therefore please install only test machines.

EmEditor Professional 7.00 beta 1 (Installer):
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed700b1epx.msi

If you wish to install without changing the system registry, you can download the portable version:

EmEditor Professional 7.00 beta 1 (without installer):
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed700b1epx_portable.zip

(note that same files can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer.)

See http://www.emeditor.com/modules/feature1/ for the list of new features.
    Also, See the history page of the Help after you download and install the new version.

If you tried, please post any bug reports or any other feedback on this forum. Thank you!

DenisCool

When I change settings in “Properties for All Configuratioms” in the portable version, EmEditor takes a lot of time to save them when I press “OK”.
    Vista x86 Enterprise. In non-portable version it saves them very fast.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I will add a message for prolonged process. Thanks!

TheXman
    Participant

I have installed EmEditor7 beta on a USB flash drive using the export function. In looking at the ini files after initial configuration, it looks as though all references to folders contain the drive letter. After testing the portability of the app by renaming the folder, all plugins were missing on the toolbar. I also tested the portability by making sure that the USB flash drive used a different drive letter. Of course I got the same result. I assume this is because the reference to them in the ini files are static and still pointing to the old folder structure. For portability, especially on a USB flash drive that may get a different drive letter when plugged in, any references to files and folders would need to be dynamic/relative based on the current drive letter. This would be true for at least the plugins, macros, templates, syntax files, and any other fiolders/files needed to support EmEditor’s funtionality. Open file histories and projects would probably a little more difficult to validate.

One way for this to work for files and folder that support the application, would be to make certain assumptions as to where the folders are relative to where the EmEditor.exe file that started the specific process resides. For instance, the macros folder would have to reside in a folder subordinate to the folder in which the EmEditor.exe file resides. The same would be true for plugins (which it already is). Currently, by default, syntax files and templates reside in the same folder as the application’s exe file. It would be nice if they could optionally reside in sub folders also.

It is very welcome that EmEditor v7 does not write any information to the registry, but it is not quite portable yet.

I hope I’ve communicated the issue effectively. If you need me to elaborate on anything, please ask.

Keep up the good work!

Xavier :-D

leo_zzz
    Participant

I updated emeditor in my computer from 6 to 7 directly, i found a issue that : “Triple-clicking now selects a whole line.” does not work, need i do some special configure?

one more issue: seems that “Replace all” only works for use regular exp…

DenisCool

For me “Replace All” also doesn’t work except for regular expressions.

wolpi

Hello,
    Is there any chance that a column editing mode will be available? It’s the feature I’m missing most …
    Tnx
    Wolpi

leo_zzz
    Participant

one more issue i think:
    for macro with #directive, when error, the location information is not correct.

for example :

1: #title = “Test”
    2: #tooltip = “Just For Test”
    3: #icon = “D:Program FilesEmEditoriconstest.ico”,0
    4:
    5: aaa

it will show the error is in line 2, but it’s line 5 exactly.
    :)

leo_zzz
    Participant

seems that the Project name can not be changed in Projects Plugin…
    hope emeditor to be better and better, it’s my favorite :-)

Riko

Thank you. Excellent job.

Two questions:
    1. How i may export settings from installed version to portable?
    2. How i may create / organize ìó favorite files?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Two questions:
    1. How i may export settings from installed version to portable?
    2. How i may create / organize ìó favorite files?

1. Select Import/Export on the Tools menu, and select “Setup a removable drive such as a USB drive and export all settings into INI files.”

2. You might want to use Projects plug-in included in Version 7.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I updated emeditor in my computer from 6 to 7 directly, i found a issue that : “Triple-clicking now selects a whole line.” does not work, need i do some special configure?

I cannot reproduce your issue with triple-clicking. Where do you triple-click? Please describe more in details.

I will take a look at Replace All command.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Is there any chance that a column editing mode will be available? It’s the feature I’m missing most …

The column editing, or “Box Selection” is already there. You can select a box selection by mouse while pressing ALT, or by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + F8 to start selecting in box selection mode.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

hope emeditor to be better and better, it’s my favorite

Did you try “Save Project As” in the context menu?

leo_zzz
    Participant

Yutaka wrote:

hope emeditor to be better and better, it’s my favorite

Did you try “Save Project As” in the context menu?

yeah, It works! :-D

leo_zzz
    Participant

Yutaka wrote:

I cannot reproduce your issue with triple-clicking. Where do you triple-click? Please describe more in details.

I will take a look at Replace All command.

I also downloaded a portable version , select a line by triple-click works there, i think i know how to operate the triple-click :-)
    it indeed failed in my direct-updated version:(

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I also downloaded a portable version , select a line by triple-click works there, i think i know how to operate the triple-click
    it indeed failed in my direct-updated version:(

I guess it was not installed correctly. Please reboot your computer and try again.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.