Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

EmEditor Professional 7.00 RC 8 is available for download. The new features include:

– The folder selection page is restored in the Installer. However, the install folder cannot be changed if a previous version is already installed.
    – It should be now OK to install without uninstalling previous versions.
    – Bug fixes.
    – Since beta 41, even if “Tray Icon” is checked during the install, the tray icon will appear next time EmEditor is launched.

EmEditor Professional 7.00 RC 8 (Installer):
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed700rc8epx.msi (32-bit)
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/emed700rc8ep64.msi (64-bit)

The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than one using the Registry.

See http://www.emeditor.com/modules/feature1/ for the list of new features.
    Also, See the history page of the Help after you download and install the new version.

If you tried, please post any bug reports or any other feedback on this forum. Thank you!

Note: We will NOT add new features any more until Version 7 release, and will focus on optimization and bug fixes.

Recommended procedure:

1. Close all EmEditor windows and the EmEditor Tray Icon on the Windows Task Bar.
    2. Uninstall previous version of EmEditor from Control Panel.
    3. Download and install this new version.

See http://www.emeditor.com/modules/xoopsfaq/index.php?cat_id=1#q1 for more details (except for download link).

This is probably the last RC!

bakeneng

Are you sure?

yongfa365

:-D Maybe wish

Amelia

Bug report:

Environment:
    EmEditor 7.00 all RCs
    Save settings in INI files
    Tabs disabled
    Open or edit file with EmEditor in 7-Zip

When you open the first file in 7-Zip, it’s OK. But on the second file, EmEditor said system can’t find the specified path.
    If you save settings in the registry, or you enabled tabs, there are no problems at all.

Maybe you should make more RCs… :-?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Amelia wrote:
    Bug report:

Environment:
    EmEditor 7.00 all RCs
    Save settings in INI files
    Tabs disabled
    Open or edit file with EmEditor in 7-Zip

When you open the first file in 7-Zip, it’s OK. But on the second file, EmEditor said system can’t find the specified path.
    If you save settings in the registry, or you enabled tabs, there are no problems at all.

Maybe you should make more RCs… :-?

I am not sure, but you might want to try with /sp option in the command line. Please post or send me a simple test case so I might be able to reproduce the issue.

Amelia

It’s easy.
    1. Make a zip or 7z archive with 2 txt files (e.g., 1.txt, 2.txt).
    2. Open the archive with 7-Zip.
    3. Dbl Click 1.txt in 7-Zip, it’s opened by EmEditor.
    4. DON’T close 1.txt, Dbl click 2.txt in 7-Zip.
    Then EmEditor said system can’t find the specified path (tempdir7zXX.tmp2.txt), 2.txt can’t be opened.

Amelia

Plus:
    I edited the emeditor.txt open command as “EmEditor DirEMEDITOR.EXE” /sp “\%1”, now the problem disappear.
    But the edit function of 7-Zip still unavailable, because /sp can’t be added.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Amelia wrote:
    It’s easy.
    Then EmEditor said system can’t find the specified path (tempdir7zXX.tmp2.txt), 2.txt can’t be opened.

I reproduce your problem, but that is not an EmEditor bug. When EmEditor promps a message “system can’t find the specified path”, in fact, there is no such a file in the specified folder. I don’t know why 7z does this, but the difference might be just a timing difference. Check “Do not share process between documents (disables tabs)” check box in the Advanced tab of the Customize dialog box.

Garrett

Amelia wrote:
    It’s easy.

In WinRAR all OK.
    I think, that this error in 7-zip.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.